1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Plz post how to gain resist again.

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Loqucious, May 23, 2008.

1. Loqucious

Loqucious Guest

Gotta raise resist on my PVM char and I know there is a way in New Haven to make it happen quickly, but I can't remember what to do.

thx

2. RenaLynne

RenaLynne Guest

In New Haven you attack the Spectral Spellbinders. Not sure how high they will raise resist to but they work pretty well and very easy to kill.

3. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Something I use: the Twisted Wield and Pixies that are trapped on the rocks. They haven't got a lot of manna but if you get 4 - 6 of them casting, they are very effective. They also seem to cast a lot paralyze and debuffs.

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Attack 4-5 spellbinders in New Haven and just walk around the town with them, just keep healing yourself. Do NOT kill them. They get you all the way to 120 if needed.

5. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Just a quick reminder...Don't get on a boat with the Spellbinders. If they can't hit you, it can be considered an exploit. :)

I just walk em around the town.

6. Nenime

Nenime Guest

I remember that in the old forum someone mentioned that liches can increase the effect because they cast both magery and necro spells. Bit harder to survive though.

7. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

If you're working a weapon skill, you can also keep killing other stuff while you are walking around and under attack by the spellbinders. Just remember to disarm your weapon while you're looking for more stuff to kill or eventually you'll start killing off the spellbinders. And if you can't find any spellbinders, just start killing other stuff in the accelerated skill gain area and you'll soon get some to spawn. You don't have to resort to killing off spellbinders that someone else has attacking them.

(I swear most times I try to do a stroll outside Haven with a couple of spellbinders on me while I'm attacking and killing other stuff, some "helpful" person inevitably comes along and kills the spellbinders. Even if you ask them not to and do stuff like run in circles and other things to make it apparent you're definitely sitting at your keyboard, they act like they're doing you a favor and "saving" you.)

8. Loqucious

Loqucious Guest

Thx for all the suggestions guys, it looks like the New Haven things is going to work very well. I should reach GM in about 2 hours, maybe less.

9. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Even faster, and if this is considered not legal then please delete it. Have a mage with no eval go to fel with you and both of you go grey to each other. Fill an area up with paralyze fields cast by the no eval mage. Run back and forth through them and I went from 0-gm in about 30 minutes.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!