1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Poisoning/Alchemy suggestion

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Great DC, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Great DC

Great DC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I think poisioning and alchemy should be added to the list of skills that drops your sdi. Poising specially is OP as it is without pure mages using it. What does everyone else think of this idea?

CovenantX likes this.
  2. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Gm alchemy = 30 EP mod

Does 30 EP is that op that you want it to drop sdi ?

Gm poisoning has no direct damage way, it just poison your target stronger. I dont think it makes it as OP as taming or bushido or ninja which they have their own spells and/or high damage capability.

#2 Quickblade, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  3. Lyconis

Lyconis Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Poisoning is the only way to stop others from healing as a pure mage, so it is kind of a must on the template. When dueling others or fighting on the field 19 out of 20 deadly poison hits, which you have to be in a two tile range to hit with, are cured by a greater cure pot on the first try (Poison fields do not require the attacker to be within two tiles). Now if you get that lucky 10% hit on one of those poisons and have 120 magery and 100 poisoning you will get a lethal poison. Resist Spells also seems to counter about 50% if not more of the poison attempts.

Do you use Pots, have Resist Spells on any of your characters? Trying to stay at a range from the poisoner or not running into their fields is a good idea.

Nyses likes this.
  4. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

what gets left on the list lol, the only worth while thing left would be inscribe and weap skills.

smells like someone got butt hurt by a alchy nox mage

#4 Cetric, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  5. Great DC

Great DC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If you can't answer the question like an adult, pleased don't respond. And just to let you know it always takes 5-10 pots to cure nox mage poison, which is ridiculous when they can dump 50+FS you. I used to run this template but its too easy. Poisoning more so then alchemy should be nerfed down.

6. Martell

Martell Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It was too easy? So what are you playing now that's so challenging? From your reliance on pots it sounds like some dexxer, probably one with a splintering weapon?

Like the others, I too disagree with your suggestions.

7. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

One of the main problems with poisoning skill, is the auto-cure thing.
    Dueling on a mage without poisoning vs one with you will loose 9/10.
    While we are at it, it would be super nice if it could be made so that poisoning, alc, etc etc could be selected on or off, in the areana, same for casting focus, eaters and all that jazz..

CovenantX likes this.
  8. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with that Poisoning should drop the SDI cap to 15%, but Alchemy not so much.

kaio likes this.
  9. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Just because the answers aren't what you want to hear, doesn't make them childish big guy.

10. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The Problem with poisoning is not about the sdi for the template, are you all forgetting about the dexxer spamming lethal non-stop? The OP here is crying because it takes 5-10 greater cure to cure dp from a pure mage, what about the lethal from dexxers? I mean even if you drop the sdi cap for those that have poisoning, the dexxers are still as strong and it doesnt fix the problem of poisoning. Even with alchemy at gm, sometimes I need to chug 5+ greater cures to cure lethal poison, that is ridiculous.
    In my opinion, dp should take 2-3 pots to cure and lethal between 3-5 and for those with alchemy it should take 1-2 pots for dp and 3 pots for lethal max. But dropping sdi for a specific template (pure mage) is not the way to fix poisoning.

11. Great DC

Great DC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Seriously if you can't kill another player on a pure mage without nox, then you need to go practice more. Every person that has responded so far probably plays this OP template that's why they don't want it fixed. It wouldn't change the strength of the mages poison just lower the sdi cap.

12. Martell

Martell Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

The majority disagrees with you so clearly the majority is wrong. Great logic. Again, what oh so challenging temp are you playing now? I play an inscribe fencing/tactics mage. So OP I know.

13. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

fun temp if you have the gear and don't mana tap yourself lol. i like to spam specials too much, and that suucckkksss without the lmc skills

14. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That whole butt hurt comment does come across as childish from a third person party. Great DC posts to offer a suggestion and there's discussion going on. No need to attack him directly.

Nyses likes this.
  15. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You asked what everyone else thinks and it is - IT IS OK, which is also what I think :D

Just because that is not what you want to hear :gun: