1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Poisoning and Poison Hit Area

Discussion in 'UHall' started by maroite, May 10, 2010.

1. maroite

maroite Guest

I couldn't find any posts about this and I didn't know which skill thread it would go under as poisoning isn't actually listed.

Last night I got a xbow with 24% Poison hit area, 15% SSI and +25% DI. I was wondering if the poisoning skill strengthens the poison hit area effect of the bow?

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Nope. All poisoning skill does is improve the level of poison status when you inflict it. Poison damage is another thing all together.

3. maroite

maroite Guest

Sorry... thats what I was wondering. Will Poisoning skill increase the poison level on the poison hit area? :p

Bad wording on my part. :gee:

4. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

.... The level of poison on a hit area? there is no level, it does not poison the area it deals poison damage to the area...sorta like hit fire area and hit cold and so on and so forth. Hope that helped?

5. maroite

maroite Guest

Ah, ok so it doesn't apply poison, it just does poison damage. I was thinking it would apply poison to creatures in an area. :d

6. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

It certainly would be cool if Poisoners could use those weapons' hit area to apply poison.

7. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

8. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That's strange. I was sparring with a friend archer and her bow had hit poison area and I would get poisoned. She didn't have poison skill. I just shrugged and thought that it was pretty interesting (and annoyingly powerful). I think i should check it out if I get the chance.

9. maroite

maroite Guest

Hmm maybe I should take the bow out and shoot it at some stuff...

10. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Or maybe the person was using that serpent arrow special. Which I don't know how it works. I don't have an archer.

11. I seem to recall when using this property that things around me would get poisoned, not just receive poison damage. It's been a while though so someone will need to test it.

12. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I used to use serpents fang and task master at baracoon spawns, poison area just does poison damage.

If someone shot you with a bow and you became poisoned its because of serpent arrow.