1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

poisoning + Magery

Discussion in 'UHall' started by soze, Aug 29, 2011.

1. soze

soze Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

i know a combine 200 gives you the max opportunity to inflict the greatest damage

Is it real skill?

Example, will 100 magery +20 enhance (120 magery) and 80 poisoning give the same results as 100 magery and 100 poisoning?

2. red sky

red sky Sage
    Stratics Veteran

3. I'm running exactly that; 100 magery +20 from Crystalline Ring = 120 magery and 80 poisoning.

I get the deadly poison message "--- is wracked with extreme pain" when poisoning.

I believe deadly poison is still the highest castable level, so magery doesn't have to be real skill.

4. Lyconis

Lyconis Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I believe its natural/enhanced 100 magery/poison after publish 71, if you want the 10% chance to cast lethal. Otherwise the old natural/enhanced 120/80 still works for deadly.

I had mixed results with the RNG and casting with the 120/80. Before pub 71 you'd get maybe a 1 in 30 chance of hitting a DP that would be blessed by the pot RNG gods, where your opponent seemed to be unable to chug to get rid of the poison. The difference for the power of your DP didn't appear to matter if it was enhanced or natural at 120/100 or 100/80.

Can't say how accurate the new pub info is, but it does seem to have a decent effect at champs with 100 magery (geared up to 120) and 100 poison.

In general if your skills are modified by jewelry the effects still take place so long as that jewelry is equipped.

Logrus was the developer fielding many of the questions I'd recommending searching for his posts.
    uoguide.com has some info on publish 71 Publish 71 - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

There are some bits about the changes in pub 71 on stratics here
    http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-test-center/246043-publish-71-a.html