1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Poisoning Question

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Naisikras, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Naisikras

Naisikras Guest

So the WoW expansion sucks and I'm trying UO again, this time on siege. It's been a blast so far. I've read a few of the stickies and am in the process of getting ICQ/UOAM and all that jazz, then gonna join up in NEW.

In the meantime, while I'm learning how to walk again. Two questions:

1. Does poisoning still work as it used to on a fighter character? I used to love playing that temp, but I've been reading about green apples and oranges that remove poison or something of the sort. Just those items would negate the primary purpose of my poison template? is this correct?

2. Did they lower the npc wrestler HP? I'm trying to train fencing again, but kill em far, far too easily, this however, could be cause my heal/anat sucks at the moment.

2. Lych

Lych Guest

Poisoning now works with infectious strike. You must actively select the special ability in order to apply poison. This has perks: You use less poison charges and, with sufficiently high poisoning (95+ I think) you can impart lethal poison. The ability requires 5mp.

Yes, there are crap-tacular items used to negate poison very quickly. I fought a red yesterday and I poisoned her like a machinegun to almost no effect... But, usually, a dose of lethal poison will raise people's blood pressure, if not just a little.

You'd be better off not fighting NPCs. While I do not think their skills have been decreased, I think our damage potential has been significantly increased over time.

By the way, if you do decide to pick up poisoning (which very few people use in pvp, unfortunately), raising it is a breeze with SPs rate over time gain system. It is truly night and day compared to GGS.

Welcome back.
  3. Naisikras

Naisikras Guest

So, one orange will completely negate my poison, no matter if its lethal or lesser? Is this correct?
  4. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 13, 2007
    I believe that is correct. You will see a message above their head like, * the poison seems to have no effect on them *

You also have necromancers who can use Vampire form, which is poison resistant, and Ninjas who can shape shift into a Unicorn, which is also poison resistant ( lower level poisons ).

Spirit Speak will heal damage through poisoning, if the poison tick doesnt interrupt their casting.

Cleanse by fire for Paladins, and bandages for dexers.... there are really too many ways to cancel out poison, which is why I want food poisoning back, which should not be curable, and should bypass armor and other buffers.

Your best bet for poisoning players is to use it on unsuspecting people who arent used to PVP, you can tell who they are if you snoop their backpacks.

There are also many ways to poison someone, it is fun!

Dagger, Throwing Stars, Poisoned Darts, poison spell, poison field spell, food poisoning, poison trapped box, and snake/frog animal forms ( using Ninjitsu ).

Edit: You can also poison with faction traps and Serpent Arrow special move ( I think ... tested on TC and forgot the results ).
  5. Naisikras

Naisikras Guest

Well that's not cool for me. Last I remembered cure pot, aids, and archcure were the only ways to cure lethal poison.

So, pretty much, if your prepared for it, poisoning is nothing more than an annoyance. :/

At least I found out before I trained the skill up. ^^

So now my LJ is gone, my dp dexer... how bout maces? do they still drain stamina?
  6. MagicNinja

MagicNinja Guest

I thought LP still get's through the orange petals.
  7. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 7, 2008
    unicorns are not resistant to lethal. This one believes that vampires are also victim to lethal, which does have the opportunity of surprising a new one.

Poison is not a kill skill any longer. However, it may help you push them in that direction.
  8. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 19, 2008
    Poison as a "main" skill or thinking that your gonna drop people with it is a thing of the past. I personally still use poison stars and darts. However, that is more while on the run and really about not letting someone heal as easy while i'm trying to get another blade whack on them. Anyone who can set a hot key for a cure pot can outwit 100 points of poison skill that cost you so much headache and gold to work up.

You also mentioned Healing/Anat. Now i know this will start a HUGE debate in the dexer world but I really see no place for that skill set in a dexer. I mean if you want the aids to land fast enough to actually save you then your dex has to be maxed out. which means you cant possibly have any sort of mana pool to use specials. Your much better off running a dexer with max int with just enough dex to hit the swing speed cap with your weapon and heal thru means which use mana or even passive healing.... ei chiv,confidence,pots,wands, HP reg armor, spellweaving from jack or all trades. Or think about it this way... at 120 healing and 120 anat and even if your dex is high as hell my bokuto hits you faster than your aid goes off :)
  9. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

I run GM poison on an assasin Temp and its kinda fun, and an orange pedal does not help for when a lethal goes off, the best result of my poison once, was I was field fighting an archer with the guild, I hit this person with a lethal and I swear it took 15 pots for it to cure, then they bolted, went home to get more cures, that was the best my poison ever did, other then a disrupter with other skills as a damage modifier, like Death strike and explotion pots and such....i think poison as a kill for a field template works much better on a mage, they can cast poison fields all around them and in house's and there very affective.....
  10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    Orange petals are only effective on poisons up to 'greater' Deadly and Lethal you get a message that the poison is too strong and overcomes your resistance - I've seen that message a lot lately, those darn slimes do deadly.