1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Poisoning Question

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by RichDC, Mar 27, 2009.

1. RichDC

RichDC Guest

My question is, i know for magery you need 200combined skill points (mage and poisoning) to use DP. Is this the same for melee? or is 80 poisoning the skill required regardless of weapon skill??

So, if i have say 110fencing do i need 90 poisoning

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

no you just need the skill and you need to use a weapon with infection and need to have high enough tactics and weapon skill to use the ability

3. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

If you have deadly poison applied to a weapon and you have posioning skill 80, you have a 100% chance to inflich deadly poison and 80% chance to hit lethal poison(level 5).

4. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Thats what i was looking for thanks, so if im 100poisoning with deadly poison it would be 100%the next one??

5. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

If you have 100 poisoning skill and use infectious strike with deadly poison applied to your weapon, it's a 100% chance to inflict lethal poison.

6. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This is paired with the fact that when you poison your opponent, there is a 95% chance that they will drink a greater cure potion.

7. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

Provided the 90% chance they brought and still have the potions to use!

8. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Dont need tactics to use infectios strike, same as with shadow strike(only need 80 stealth)

9. RichDC

RichDC Guest

You tested that??

Last time i ran a nox-dexxer he still needed tactics. Anyone can perform infectious strike provided they have weap skill, tactics and a dose of poison on the weap.

Poisoning determined the level of poison, i just wondered what level of poison was required for DP and the effect of going above that, which has been answered.

10. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

No need for tactics to use any of the poison specials, except Serpent Arrow I believe.

How do you think the nox/fencer/mages get around it =)

120 Mage
    120 EI
    120 Resist
    120 Med
    120 Fencing
    80 Poison
    40 Chiv/SW/whatever

11. RichDC

RichDC Guest

I cant go and test it atm but it would seem as though you need tactics as it can be done without poisoning(on an elf char so no joat).

And most tank mages do have tactics. (as far as i know...as i said its been a while since i played a nox anything cept necro.)

12. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

No tactics is needed. I just had this template a couple weeks ago.

And that template isn't for a 'true' tank mage. It's to have a weapon skill instead of using mage weapon and still be able to use Infectious Strike + melee damage.

It was quite effective vs. mages... Kryss with SC 15 Hci/dci, 30 SSI. I could stand close and hit them repeatedly when I wasn't casting. And didn't have to worry about actually casting the Poison spell. I could just use the special.

And that chr was an elf too.

13. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Well that is good to know. Thanks.

14. Murderotica

Murderotica Guest

i learn something new everytime i come here.

15. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

I have a nox mage that uses a kryss to poison who doesn't have tactics!