1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Poisoning questions

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Guest, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a couple of things I was wondering about poisoning. First is, why the timer? I never understood why some passive skills can be spammed like mad and others have the super fun delay. I can mine continuously all day and never get tired but I have to pause between poisoning a blade....

Also why is there even a chance of me poisoning myself when poisoning food? Do you hold the food item in your mouth while poisoning it? I can sort of see nicking myself on a blade while poisoning it, but food? That's just silly.....

Rey~

2. Guest

Guest Guest

On the timer....

I have no idea, it's just the way it is. Perhaps one of folks with more time in game can realte a story about how it was implemented.

On poisoning yourself....

The is a message that comes up on the left side of your screen when it happens but I can't remember what it says. This isn't unusual. It happens in other skills as well upon failure. I guess the devs at the time thought there should be some consequence to training some skills. Or perhaps, the player would have to develop some other skills before trying out one of the harder ones. You no longer poison yourself when you hit 80 skill level.

In short, I really don't have an answer to your question except to say: That's the way it is. Perhaps someone here can provide us a history lesson on how this evolved.

Q