1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Poisoning

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Celedrith, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Celedrith

Celedrith Guest

The problem with the forum is, there's no poisoning skill related topic, so I put this thread here.

We all know that the guides say use greater poison until 92, but at 80 you can never fail with even deadly poison.

Shouldn't using deadly better than greater when it's guaranteed to not fail at all and since deadly is a better item, shouldn't it give more gains?

2. Another question might be, if applying deadly poison never fails at 80 and above, why raise the Poisoning skill above 80? You might have good use of those 20 skill points elsewhere in your template.

3. Celedrith

Celedrith Guest

that's a good question, I have %80 chance of LP ing, but I'm an assassin, and I can't risk the %20.

besides from what I've checked that 20 points going to tactics or anatomy will only let me do 1 more damage in total.

4. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

I believe deadly gives the better gains, but greater is more cost effective to train with. You won't get as many gains, but you'll spend less on the poison.

5. Orlacc

Orlacc Guest

I just got my ninja into poisoning. I have an alt learning alchemy and the gains there are so fast he is keeping me in deadly for the price of nightshade.

6. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Hm, I remember training Poisoning a while back... never had to use Deadly, it's just a waste of money.