1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

pole vote

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Thunderz, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hi

How do i make a post where people can vote?

Thanks

Tuhnderz

2. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

I'm not sure but, you spelled your name wrong :lol:.

3. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Cruel!

To make a poll there are options below the new topic box, Where you type in the text.

Called 'Post a Poll' you tick the box.

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

From the FAQ...

Creating and Participating in Polls
    You may notice that some threads on this forum also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called 'polls'.

How do I create a new poll?

When you post a new thread, you may also have the option to create a poll.

This allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.

An example poll might be:

What is your favorite color?

Red
    Blue
    Yellow
    Green
    Sky-blue
    Pink with yellow spots
    To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes, post a poll with this thread' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it stays open for voting for only a week.

How do I vote in a poll and view the results?

To vote in a poll, simply select which option you want to vote for, and click the 'Vote!' button. Sometime you can choose more than one option. You can see the current results for a poll before you vote by clicking the 'View Results' link. Voting in a poll is entirely optional. You may vote for any of the available options, or cast no vote at all.

Note whether or not a poll is a public poll. If it is, any votes you cast will be attributable to you.

Generally, once you have voted in a poll, you will not be able to change your vote later, so place your vote carefully!

5. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Thought this was some misspelt suggestion for adding pole vaulting into the game :(

6. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Psst... the Comma goes BEFORE the conjunction... :]

Johny misspelled his own name, and I laughed.

7. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

A pole vote? Is this some sort of stripper contest?

8. siyeng0

siyeng0 Guest

For a single shining moment, I thought this was going to be a vote to add pole-dancing to the game.

Edit: Oh my god, someone beat me to the joke. I love UHall!