1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

POLL - Favorite UO Expansion?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by deadite, May 14, 2008.

1. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

Alright, I'm already having too much fun with these polls... Forgive me, please. :)

2. I started with second age. The game was about fun then not money. What was in Renaissance and Lord Blackthorn's Revenge? I remember most expansions by the new pets but can't place those two.

3. Hunter Moon

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I voted AOS even though it was the worst for bugs, crashes and insane crap just because of house customizing! I LOVE house customizing. LOVE LOVE LOVE...

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

4. o2bavr6

o2bavr6 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Any of them up to and not including AoS.

5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Again I miss an options :p

Siege as it was born before the wipe, before RoT was added

6. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Just a FYI... Kingdom Reborn is a client, not an expansion.

7. deadite

deadite Sage

Haha, sorry Freja! Guess I didn't consider Siege to be an expansion. :)

I will create a new poll for you... something like:

Q: Do you love Siege Perilous?
    Op1: Yes
    Op2: Yes

:D

8. deadite

deadite Sage

I know KR wasn't a "content expansion" but they do refer to it as an "expansion" on the UO website. That is what prompted me to go ahead and throw it in the poll.

http://www.uoherald.com/kingdomreborn/gamefiles/index.php

That was the first reference I saw to it being called an expansion. There may be others...

9. "I voted AOS even though it was the worst for bugs, crashes and insane crap just because of house customizing! I LOVE house customizing. LOVE LOVE LOVE..."

QFT!

10. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

hehe, just make it:

Do you have a char on Siege?

Op1: Yes
    Op2: No

:D

11. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I look back on my time in the second age as the best time I ever had in UO.

I would routinely hunt balrons in the terathan dungeon, which nowadays isn't that fun or challenging. The fun and challenge happened because I was a bard. You see, if you provoked something and the monster which you provoked targetted someone else, like they often did when you either left to drop off your loot or the monster started to run, then you, the provoker, would turn grey and freely attackable by anyone.

At that to the fact that bards were very hard to maintain strength on... I think I had a maximum of 40 strength in that time. Just staying alive around the NPKs was a lot of fun.

Once I had to hide outside the bank for a full hour because the last balron I provoked kept killing new people. That also led to the shortest hunt of my life. I went back to kill the balron then had to make several bank runs just for the armor and weapons that the balron had looted. He also had the first vanquishing weapon I ever won. I can't remember well, but I think it was a bardiche.

I think I'm a glutton for punishment.

12. Lady Aalia

Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

really liked 3d before it was mixed with 2d and became laggier and laggier and finally got totally desroyed by AOS

13. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Voted for Third Dawn as Ilshenar has always been my favorite of the facets, though I believed it was best when it was a 3d-only facet with NO recall in either direction.

I'd choose KR, but it doesn't really count as an expansion, simply a client, though it is by far my favorite client to date.

If we went for least favorite expansion, it'd be easy for me... LBR hands down.

14. Hunters Moon

Hunters Moon Guest

Hahaha! People have voted for AoS as their favorite expansion?? *:lol:falls out of chair laughing*

15. Mythic

Mythic Guest

I dont remember the expansion, Tram was there, but Fel was Heavily populated.

16. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Expansions
    Expansions have been released regularly, all of which add new content in the form of landmass, art, quests, items, or game mechanics.

Ultima Online: The Second Age (October 1, 1998) featured a new area of land called the Lost Lands, along with an in-game chat system and new creatures. Also known as T2A. It was released in two boxed versions with the first having different artwork and a single manual.

Ultima Online: Renaissance (April 3, 2000) doubled the size of the world, as there were literally two copies of it. The worlds were called Felucca and Trammel, after the two moons in Ultima's Britannia world. The Trammel world did not allow player killing, while the Felucca world did. Felucca also adopted a darker, more foreboding look.

Ultima Online: Third Dawn (March 7, 2001) included a 3D client to compete with 3D competition like EverQuest. Also, a special Third Dawn only land was created, called Ilshenar. It was accessible only to 3D clients until the release of Lord Blackthorn's Revenge.

Ultima Online: Lord Blackthorn's Revenge (February 24, 2002) brought "a dark new world based on new characters from Todd McFarlane" to Ultima Online with improved game artificial intelligence, in-game help, and improved character creation.

Ultima Online: Age of Shadows (February 28, 2003) brought the landmass of Malas with space for new housing, two new character classes (Paladin and Necromancer) and the ability to customize house designs. The item system was completely reworked with this expansion. Armor resistance was split into five types of resistance, and many new properties that affected game play were added to weaponry. As good equipment became vital, this expansion also brought with it item insurance.

Ultima Online: Samurai Empire (November 2, 2004) brought ancient Japanese mythology and folklore to the game, two new classes (Ninja and Samurai) and a new area to explore, the Tokuno Islands. The new class skills shifted the balance of player vs. player combat away from mage dominance.

Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy (August 30, 2005) introduced a new race, elves, and a new skill, spellweaving. Several dungeons were also added.

Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn (June 27, 2007) introduced a new client with new graphics and interface.

Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss (TBA, originally planned for 2007) will feature a new playable race of Gargoyles and the largest dungeon in UO to date.

17. Hanna

Hanna Guest

You would probably have more voting for AOS if so many PVMers hadn't quit in the past few years after samari.

18. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I voted ML. Bring in more playable races! :popcorn:

19. Beerman72

Beerman72 Visitor

You forgot Stygian Abyss.

The best UO expansion has always been the one not yet played.

=)

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!