1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Poll: If a new shard opened/the shards were wiped where would you place a house?...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dermott of LS, Jan 6, 2009.

?

Where would you place a house on a FRESH shard?

Poll closed Jan 20, 2009.
  1. Felucca

15 vote(s)
    28.3%
  2. Trammel

23 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Malas

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Tokuno

10 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. House? I don't need no steenking house!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

NOTE: This is NOT advocating the wiping of the shards, but merely setting the stage for the poll

Assume the following:

A new shard opens OR all of the shards have been wiped. Basically you are at square 1 again, No X-ferring of characters/items/money, you have to recreate from scratch and rebuild. Everyone would be starting on equal terms thus an immediate land rush (such as Trammel or Malas) would be largely mitigated.

Given the above, with the facet options available, where would you place your house? Felucca? Trammel? Malas? Tokuno?

2. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I think 80% would go for luna and the surrounding areas first then moongates.

3. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Heck, I'd put it right where it sits now. In one of the hidden locations in Malas

4. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Same place mine is right now. Right at the Minoc moongate in Fel

5. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If it is a Tram only shard. Yes. I'd pick Zento in Tokuno, which is busy but not too busy.

6. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I would have to put mine back in the same place as well, just opposite of the entrance to Level 3 Covetous in Trammel.

Just thought the poll would be an interesting topic to see how people value the land in UO.

7. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

No, the shard would be standard, I'm not changing ANY of the current rulesets for this poll.

8. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- Same place as my favorite is now: Zento / Makoto Jima.
    It is a better bank & centralized location than Luna, imo, because it doesn't force people into a little square building to bank (~feels more like an open-air marketplace to me); and I love seeing a moongate from my home.
    Of course things might change with Stygian Abyss...

9. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

If all my stuff and characters where wiped i would quit UO for good i worked too hard for my stuff and worked too hard on my characters. if i could keep all my stuff and my characters though and transfer them to this new shard i would first try to get a max storage luna vendor house with one account and with my other two accounts i would try to get two castles in tram somewhere that has little to no spawn hopfully with luck they would be side by side to each other.

10. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Trouble is I have houses on 3 facets. So just to chose one would be difficult. I guess I'd start with my outer Luna houses then work my way to the tram ones then the tok ones.

11. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I'm about 99% sure I would just quit UO if all of my existing characters were wiped out. I've started from scratch on new shards enough times now to know I don't really want to do it again, especially if everyone else is in the same boat and UO has turned into a real dog-eat-dog world. I'm afraid I don't have all that much confidence that many folks would actually try to band together to help each other; instead, I think we'd probably see the worst side of a lot of folks as they struggle to get to the top of the heap again faster than anyone else.

12. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Zento where I am now. I restarted from scratch on Lake Austin day one. Was a lot of fun and not a big deal to not have all of my old stuff.

13. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

14. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'd try and grab the main spot outside Dispise entrance, 9 years of trying and still no closer :)
    :bowdown:

15. Kariny

Kariny UO Lake Superior News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I didn't see the option for it, but I would place where I could.

If we are starting from scratch it might take a day before some folks would have the gold for a house. So that would buy a little bit of time, but not much.

Chances are for me by the time I get enough gold the premium spots would be gone. I'd be happy with whatever is left.