1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Poll: Siege Vendor Charges

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Hoffs, Dec 4, 2008.

?

What should vendor charges on Siege be?

1. Charges should be reduced to those of regular shards.

68.6%
  2. Charges should remain unchanged (3 x regular shard rate).

23.5%
  3. I am undecided.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I have no opinion either way.

7.8%
  1. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Currently, vendors on Siege will charge three times the regular shard rate for their services. Please vote in this poll to say whether or not you would like to see this changed.

2. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I really think we should remove 3x prices from Siege, there is no need for them, and remove the high prices for boats and classic houses too.

- Vendors would be easier to run away from hotspots.
    - Mages would use regs again instead of LRC
    - Potions and gate scrolls will be cheaper
    - We would see more boats and maybe some pirates
    - We would see more classic houses for players who do not have the skills to build houses.
    - Mounted big fish and animal heads would be cheaper

As we can't buy resources, I don't really see the need 3x prices, noone buy npc armor and weapon anyway, it's to crappy.

3. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I agree with Freja... I have made only a few taxidermy kits they DID sell but I have to charge the 110k siege npc vendor price for the kit to even MAKE the darn things and so.............toss in a few extra gp for crafter trying to off something as big as a polarbear OOOO......kinda silly that taxidermy kits are so costly HERE ! That makes them also not easily affordable to newer home owners that came here trying to just buy anything at all like their first Siege house .......so if they want a tax. great hart on their wall in their new siege home they are stuck with 110k gp plus our bit extra over that kit cost ..to even own a great hart wall mount.

Tis silly this is no longer 1999 Siege anyhow what with soulstones, soul stone fragments we are lucky it is still an all fel ruleset with ROT and other Siege only stuff like *dark wisps* OoOO........regs if ya buy em 3x the cost blank scrolls 3x the cost.........so even as a carpenter............my carp chr. has to include the cost of blank scrolls INTO her price of LARGE SE Lanterns which many do buy...hog up 10 blank scrolls per.......... ok toss in my alchem scribe chr. and everyone elses......if he DOES manage to get the regs at a cheap faction town his alchem or scribing items may reflect les$ ..or if in a bind 3x more to buy said blank scrolls bottles regs etc. and if REALLY in a bind out of regs and has to buy em in pricey priced faction town.....well chances are he wont make em at all high enough at 3x the cost per regent..but reg prices bottle prices blank scroll prices 3x as much are nothing really compared to FEES and other items that cost too darn much .......to buy raw..even honey why should something that simplistic be 9 as opposed to 3gp ...he already got all his skills the HARD siege way........... :) why should making parrot waffers cost MORE here than anywhere else not like honey is some crucial item we NEED............ unless one is making parrot waffers or a cake. :)

BOATS ..........yeh too high. Plus the risk to LOOSE them is probably why Siege has empty seas..if the ship prices were brought down...FEL RULESET those even new here might try afford FISHING DEEP SEA FISHING..even try playing pirateers more if Siege ships were all CHEAPER let us then all buy ships and LOOT em...wont be so big a headache loosing me if they were NPC cheaply priced like every other uo sea shipwright shops. Could even be fun and refill our Siege oceans with PIRATEERING :) or even fishing again more than just a wealtheir handfull would be out there on the Siege Seas then.

4. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

oh PS here is another thought.. being BLUE ... I feel that SIEGE should have one city even if bucs den or brit SELL ships TO REDS for crying out loud...they should not have to ASK ME or other blues hey can you buy me a ship as they hand me a check of theirs for lots of gp...make Siege ships CHEAPER.......and buyable buy REDS and BLUES so they do not HAVE TO use a blue to get em back onto SEAS here and can freely buy em as REDS and more affordable for ALL for.........sea lootings pirating or just fishing out there on our EMPTY SEAS !

5. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Does it really matter considering there's no player vendors on SP anyways?

6. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

It is very important that we just present EA with consensus decisions that require (hopefully) simple changes. We really need to keep this discussion to the basic point: should the vendor charges be changed?

Anything else in this thread will just cloud the issue and, I believe, be unlikely to bring any kind of consensus. Quite possibly, Siege prices are just a multiple of some standard file somewhere and cannot be easily changed individually.

7. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

The high vendor charges may be one reason.

8. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

oh doh...I forgot to VOTE....voted now...change em to reg.shard pricings !

9. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

If you cant afford vendor prices then you have no business running a vendor period...

10. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Well arent we grumpy today sir :)

I AFFORD EM.......got some up, when you gonna find me to KILL ME anyhow mister ! Hmmmmmmmmmm :) hugz

11. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

But it may reasonably be argued that the high cost of vendor charges makes it hard to keep them going. What, precisely, is the reason why the Siege vendors charge three times the normal rate?

12. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I think it is all a throwback from the original concept of SIEGE as the HARD shard. We were supposed to rely upon others etc. bleh bleh...so any new one coming over here if they set up a vendor paid 3k plus for one..to sell few bolts of cloth to finally make some money for their self here.

Kinda how I began..aside from posting here or meeting folks at banks to sell em cloth..seemed also more logical to open up that lil house when I could afford a puny plot here to buy a vendor to also sell cloth ..and let other NEW members sell from here..ie my first ever vendor shop here was called NEW HOPE ! :)

But yeh...IF I wanted to buy not only the vendor but train Miranda to have magery..regs were 3x the cost ..stupid 7 x 8 home plot 3x the cost...everything 3x the cost and of course all that stuff an npc here WONT buy or wont sell..was to make enable us to need others.....but still np if they NEED to buy cloth off other players or whatever...but silly that the vendor itself regs themselves ..house plots .........even EGGS 3x the cost here seems kinda silly esp. now ..................npcs still WONT sell cloth that IS what we are for ..for each other..but the VENDOR could be LESS or the ships or house plots prices or nightshade no reason it need be 9gp per instead of 6 or 3 or whatever........etc. IN THE END if someone NEEDS DP they still will NEED the alchemist template chr. TO sell it TO em here...or heck smoke bombs be lots less HERE for all if the EGGS/REGS were LESS here like everywhere else. . etc. and the vendors to buy for us.. TO sell em on too. Players will still NEED those crafted things npcs DO NOT SELL........no reason really why the prices of raw materials to make it all and the vendor too etc. have to be 3x higher.

13. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

LOL, another poll to show how things have changed on Siege. Why do so many of you want to add an easy button to the shard?...la

14. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

hrmm I dunno...barely believe I voted to lower the prices myself. I NEVER had it easy here. :) I MADE IT on all 4 accts. of my lil single chrs. of poverty to they have gp in their banks and np home owning or nothing now...so I dunno..guess that means yu can FEEL FREE to smack me and or steal something off me...I have not enough losses lately no dyings no drylootings nothing ... lol :) Heck I haven't even been pkd in a long time on any chrs. here on Siege..so maybe I thought I WAS on Chesapeake here I DUNNO ! :) WEIRD .............I SPENT SIEGE prices for junk here when I was poor here..I still made it. . still got gp in the bank still got vendors up I DUNNO smack me. lol

15. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

16. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I am (or was) a multiple store owner in real life. When I ran a series of vendors a couple of years back I always thought that the charges were quite ruinous and made little economic sense. Mine were there mainly to provide a service rather than a profit.

I really don't see this as an 'easy button' issue. The difficulty, or not, is getting the resources/items to sell. I don't see why folk should be hit with extortionate charges for no reason. It makes running vendors anywhere but in prime locations a labour of love.

17. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I have two vendors and they do fairly well. However, I tend not to keep much stock on them at any given time as the daily charges seem excessive. If the charges per day were lower, I would be able to keep more stock on the vendors. If the daily charge was lower, I would also be inclined to have a few more vendors.

I am relatively new to UO and Siege. Has there allways been a limited number of player vendors on Siege? I find it hard to find usefull items for sale at times. Some types of items I never see on a vendor.

18. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I think we probably had more player run vendors when we also had more player run events here...but then I have only been on Siege 4.5 yrs or so. I did still have the chr. I made here back in 99/2000 but I never do much with that older chap here.

But we had a more active player run towns and shard even when I got here there were always vendors in the Shire, always by Yew gate, always were some wherever KSS set up cuz I set vendors up even in far outflung Wintermoor and players came out there that far..but they also came for fights and stuff and events like story nights shire and beyond, fight nights Wintermoor and beyond, we also had Iantown which was very active and had many a vendor...cuz I used to race out there and buy up Patty's granite. :) We had more activity by down town brit..I had vendors there, I think about reopening them cuz it made someplace close in for NEW to shop by their own guild areas.............we always had vendors in UMBRA and Luna too...

But with less player run town events.....kinda seems less players too, less vendors then seem to be out here. UMBRA has vendors Luna has them too, and Minoc gate I think still has some..yew gate.....etc. just we all seem further far flung apart now and most player towns kinda.......quiet.

IF I liked SAND :) I would set up a bbq house in Stonehaven but them silly scorpions and sand vortexes usually not friendly to ....just a crafter ;) but I think EACH remaining player run town guilds etc..could all each try to liven things up more have some EVENTS or fights or something maybe we would perk up a bit on siege...but this is also DEC. lots are enjoying decorating RL homes now for holidays too...so less time in UO land for many this time of year.

19. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

To the poster above ..what kinds of vendors are you looking for ?

Maybe someone will set some of those types up that you may be looking for that you do not find too much of ? ! ? just list some types of vendors that ya feel Siege players are kinda lacking on..maybe someone will add those wares or vendors to fill those needs.

20. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

we need more player vendors. It's already obvious that people don't like to put better items on vendors due to the daily cost, instead we end up filling our stratics board with item auctions. Lower the cost for player vendors, we will see more of them.

21. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Charging more on your vendors would just be a catch 22?

22. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Maybe I mis-stated there Kelmo, or didn't state clearly. . .

What I meant was that you would see greater stock on the vendors instead of sold out vendors because people like Troop only put a couple things at a time on there currently due to the current cost.

Or...

That you might see some higher end items on vendors because they would, with a change in the vendor rates, be able to afford to have those items on there. . .

It's been a long day. . I may still not be making any sense. . .

23. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*smiles* The question was not just directed at you Ian. You will find I am a pretty hard core purist as far as Siege goes. I am willing to discuss and debate changes that will help the shard grow.

If I detect one bit of tramification. I will dig in and fight.

I have not decided on this change as yet. Our economy is pretty good compared to say... every other shard. *nods*

I wonder if a flat tax, a one time charge, might be a better solution. Not only for us. It might bleed over to the other shards...

24. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I think it's fine reds can't buy from npc shops, there have to be some trouble being red.
    If vendor taxes was dropped to normal shards fee, more would set up vendors selling to reds, they could sell ships too. Also alot looted ships would end up on PC vendors.

25. FrejaSP

I believe it should be a weekly fee, same as now, you would have a week to sell the items before you have to pay a new fee.

It would still cost the same to run vendors in a hotspot, where they sell out every day, but even there we would see more items that take longer to sell.

A vendor owner away from town, would again be able to run vendors, even if it take 1-2 weeks to sell his items.

26. FrejaSP

I have heard players lasking for regs vendors and for vendors selling armor suit with resist between 60-70

27. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

It never made sense to me that we pay 3X the amount of fees compared to prodo shards with less then half the people here compared to there. I would keep much more stock on my vendors and more higher end items then now. Usually high end items are placed for a sale already made and just needs to be picked up. I have paid as much as 30k a day for fees when carrying higher end items and that's just too much.

28. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Here is my scope.

I think the prices should remain at 3x for commodities and such.

Though vendor fees should come down, but not initial price, this would
    -more vendors away from gate
    -more likely to have stock
    -more player driven economy

If we keep prices on regs and stuff higher, im ok with that, since if prices were cheap on vendors, there would be more people willing to stock bulk regs, and such from faction stores, to turn a profit. If more regs were available this way, players would benifit from making cash of bulk regs (like on reg shards), the money goes to another player, and not to the system (buying from vendor), and if more are available, then less LRC is used, and more luck suits etc, which will yield better weps and such to be sold, again on player vendors.

I agree classic houses need to come down, and boats. Now I know alot of you think this isnt easily implimented so it wont get done. But thats not true. Why do some places sell regs for 9gp each, and others sell the same reg for 36gp? So its not impossible to edit the base prices at shops for items, and apply the standard 3x. So they could lower houses costs, then run them through the 3x, to get what would be normal prices. Its all possible, and very easy to do.

Like stated in the reg prices above. They price one store at 3gp per reg, and one store at 12gp per reg. Once all that is compiled, they run it through the 3x mulitplier, and it comes out at 9, and at 36gp.

They need to balance some of it for sure.

I also agree with above, where reds should be able to buy everything a blue can.

29. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

*bump*

Please remember that this is a simple choice between having the current 3x charges or the regular charges of other shards. IF there is a strong majority in favour and IF it only requires a simple coding change, then the devs may make a change.

Any other alteration to the rules is highly unlikely to be considered, even if we came up with something that most agreed on. Such a discussion would best be left to Uhall as it is a shard-wide issue.

30. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

31. Hoffs

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

32. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Vote - this is your chance!

33. Hoffs