1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Poor man's mage template

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by komax, May 26, 2010.

1. komax

komax Guest

I just returned to the game after a few years break.
    So i got this mage character that i want to get into pvp with asap. Problems are that im low on gold and im just interested in pvp.

What mage template should i go with to be able to get into pvp as fast as possible with minimal gold needed?
    And what items should i spend my money on?

2. Join a faction, go farm some silver, buy the faction aties to start your new suit, then fill in the blanks with imbued parts.

There are so many difrent mage templates, you would need to give further info as to the play style you like to play for anyone to give you info on what what items you need.

But faction arties are going to be your cheep way back into PvP

3. komax

komax Guest

okay, faction items sounds like a good idea.

I will be running solo most of the time cause im somewhat of a casual player.
    The template i want should be able to jump in and get a kill and be able to do good in 1v1.

My old template is a parry mage.

120 Wrestling
    120 Parry
    120 Eval Int
    120 Meditation
    115 Magery
    115 Resist

710 Skill cap

Do i need to change it or will it be okay?

4. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Make sure you have 80dex after curse.

5. GreekHero

GreekHero Guest

Why 80 dext? Please explain.

6. Parry starts scaling down in usefulness below 80 Dex.

7. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

dont set dex to 80......make sure its 80 after u chug a dex pot with 50% ep and then curse yourself with 120 eval and see what it is after that.....then make ajustments.....my parry mage has only 40 dex but 81 after curses and potting. 10 dex from faction crimmy, 5 from stitchers mittens, puts me at 55, then i pot up with 50 ep. If you do this then u free up stat points for more int and str....ur gonna need it.

8. NickyDishes

NickyDishes Guest

u need 120 resist not 115......set parry at 115 instead. u can still be para'd at 115.
    i run 120 everything and 110 med....i have only 710 also