1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

population?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by KnowYourEnemy, Aug 22, 2010.

1. is everyone in stealth mode? I only saw 2 players during the whole day. this is very discouraging, since I wanted to give uo (siege) one last shot before finally selling my account off.

2. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

We are here , we dont hang out at luna or any other banks to say forsure. Yes, most run steath for now. If ya shout out in General Chat you can talk and people will respond. Ask way, we are here to help....

3. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

For now. For the past several years and forever until the devs step in and do something about how OP it is on this shard... which who knows if ever.

Enjoy what looks like empty lands.

4. Roland'

Roland' Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Later duuuuuude. Nice not knowing ya. dont let the door hit ya where the superior being split ya.

5. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

This is one of the primary points we have tried to get the Devs to see; many UO players come here as a last port of call before leaving the game altogether. It is in their interests to give Siege some attention.

6. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

:) I only have one stealther and my other chrs. are always clearly visable.

But ...some of us, were pre occupied with watchin' ALL of the NFL preseason football games esp. this weekend, self included. :) I also watched 2 Nascar races this weekend.
    :)

Just sayin' sometimes weekends be emptier than week days or week nights dependin on what else is going on in their rl lives esp. on weekends. Don't give up on Siege yet !

GO PACKERS ! lol rolleyes:

7. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

*nods in total agreement*

I was always taught customer service is job one, for with out doing that, or at least trying to, 100% of the time for 100% of our customer base, and 2% dissatisfied may tell 98% of their problems with a company, over time then, our % of dissatisfied customers may increase cuz we ignored some of em to then too many of em, in the end we may find, we do not have a job to do, no customers left, wanting our product too many dissatisfied !

Ignoring even 1% of our customer base I was told is tatamount to ignoring em all..cuz customer service is to be job ONE ! One can never please all the customers all the time, but ya sure better TRY to make every one of em satisfied to best of one's abilities, or one's entire company may.. be out of a job !

Siege is their last chance to hang on to some customers money for their UO last stop out the UO door for quite a few folks. Imagine all the monthly fees they WOULD STILL HAVE, just from those whom left waiting for some Siege fixes and attention that didn't come for their customers, on Siege, in just the past 2.5 yrs. here !! :(

8. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

There are about 700 non-grand fathered houses on Siege. Of these my best guess is about 150-200 active players.

This is just based on my running around. And yes, the 9 trolls just live here under the Stratics bridge.

9. Rothen

Rothen Guest

Definetly jump into gen chat and see who out there. You'll probably be surprised. My alliance will take members of other guilds, or solo players, out on hunts/champs sometimes. I did two with them last night, Medusa and the Stygian Dragon, and we could have used some help on the later. Got it done, but it took a good while. Hang in there, with fall coming you'll see more and more players logging in.

10. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

There are also bugged houses. I know of one that has been innactive for years now, yet the house wont fall.

11. Demon Wind

Demon Wind Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I would love to accompany anyone anywhere to do anything !! So I'll take any invite out there unless of course my faction status prohibits it :( Lame thing i have seen about abyss peerless no two factions can go in at the same time.

12. Black magick

Black magick Guest

It's not just the Dev's fault for this. It's also the faults of all who run stealth. I know I've only ever run stealth on my thief.

13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I only run stealth on a faction thief. None of my others do. Whats your point?

14. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Point being this guy probably had a few more than two people on his screen throughout that time. However, the fact that nearly everyone uses stealth much of the time doesn't really do much to encourage newer players to the shard. Much like he said.

15. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I used to run stealth on my tamer, just cause it was easier to stay alive. Now I cant say I have had stealth on in about a year.

16. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I move that we should always have at least 5 people standing around at Luna bank chatting about the streets of gold and rivers of ambrosia here on Siege. I nominate you to organize this :thumbup1:

17. Black magick

Black magick Guest

I always did my part... Even if they couldn't see me they could see the bodies of me being guardwhacked or someone i killed with a poisoned shuriken XD

18. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

You know... for how much I've made fun of bank sitters over the years. Would be nice to see people actually populating towns. Thieves stealing from them.

19. The Cheapsuit

The Cheapsuit Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It is a fact that siege population is dependent on the siege forum population, when these forums have heavy traffic so does the shard. But when the forums are a ghost town so is the shard. If you don't believe me do your own due diligence. You have your new breed of mods to thank for that. Talk about a clue, they really are clueless how much they hurt this shard. If you take Kobe Bryant and Lebron James out of the NBA it will definitely lose a lot of spice and viewers. *tips hat*

20. Roland'

Roland' Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

More like if the shard doesnt have a population then the forums wont.

I do love your attempt to blame the fall of rome on our shard forum mods though.

/golfclap

21. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

classic darknessssssssss move

22. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

No, it's true.

When we ban somebody, we disable their UO account.

And I dunno about the rest, but whenever I'm not banning somebody for no reason at all, I like to roll around on a bed made of printed out account names/passwords while teleconferencing with the devs about how faction prices aren't high enough and they need to add in tamed harbingers that take a single control slot.

Kelmo asked to join me once, but he wasn't a fan of the no-pants rule.

23. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I need more coffee... I got nothing. Yet.

24. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

He digs women's shoes...

25. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Welcome to Siege Perilous!

26. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

QFT...when ppl get banned from the forums they lose their link with the community and buying/selling...the sad thing is the server is so dead that you NEED these forums to do anything...but sadly ppl are to dense to realize this or just being jackwagons to admit it...

27. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

The shard has been dead for at least the last 5 years. What makes people think that will ever change?...la

28. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Yes.

They want to keep Siege looking like an empty waste land. They want to keep it so if players don't have to risk being pk'd.

Welcome to a different version of Trammel.