1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

port error

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by the_slave_revolt, Aug 13, 2008.

1. could someone tell me if its possible to change port with uo? (if so then how)

thanks

2. Goron

Goron Guest

Would you be able to explain in more detail?
    What problem do you have?

3. ok well the only thing I was able to use online was internet explorer and I couldn't get aim/icq or any uo applications to work. I managed to get aim and icq to work when I changed the Port to: 75, I cannot get any others to work. I just can't seem to get uo/uoam/vent to work.... I'm mainly concerned about uo though.

4. Goron

Goron Guest

What version of Windows are you running?
    Are you running Windows firewall?
    Are you running any other firewalls?
    Are you using a router?
    Are you in a 'shared connection' building, like a dormatory, office building, etc.?

UO uses these ports (according to a possibly very outdated uo.com support page):
    5000-5010
    7775-7777
    8800-8900

You can verify that all of them are open on your firewall/router.

5. Mechanic

Mechanic Guest

I would be more concerned about a trojan than UO right now.
    like asked above, do you have a fire wall?

if its not a firewall problem I could possibly be a hijacker, anything from someone using your bandwidth to send spam to much more sinister activities.

6. Goron

Goron Guest

possible, but he said he got aim & icq to work by switching the port they run otu of... Which leads me to believe that he has ports blocked. In my case, that would mean the firewall is actually the culprit.

7. What version of Windows are you running? XP home
    Are you running Windows firewall? no
    Are you running any other firewalls? no
    Are you using a router? no
    Are you in a 'shared connection' building, like a dormatory, office building, etc.?
    yeah shared apartment, but didn't have this problem at the old apartment.

UO uses these ports (according to a possibly very outdated uo.com support page):
    5000-5010
    7775-7777
    8800-8900

You can verify that all of them are open on your firewall/router.
    So all of these have to be open?

8. well I'm not concerned about a trojan since I don't do activites that would merit a photobucket banning. I'm thinking it is a firewall problem, but jeez the people here that provide the internet are so incompetent that its driving me up a wall... (I guess thats what happens when there is an internet monopoly)

9. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

10. ----------------------------------------------------------------------

GRC Port Authority Report created on UTC: 2008-08-14 at 02:37:17

Results from scan of ports: 0-1055

0 Ports Open
    1054 Ports Closed
    2 Ports Stealth
    ---------------------
    1056 Ports Tested

NO PORTS were found to be OPEN.

Other than what is listed above, all ports are CLOSED.

TruStealth: FAILED - NOT all tested ports were STEALTH,
    - NO unsolicited packets were received,
    - A PING REPLY (ICMP Echo) WAS RECEIVED.

thats really bad isn't it? I think I'll have to call time warner again and get them to bring someone over so I can tackle them, then cancel my subscription.

11. Mechanic

Mechanic Guest

your ISP grounded you.

go to your room , no ports for a week young man

12. Pestilence Hemp

Pestilence Hemp Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Duder... No firewall! if your running any sort of dsl, or cable you better get one up. zone alarm is free, i have no troubles with it, for years. dont use windows firewall as there incompatent.

13. I think my apartment complex has a firewall, I suppose I will have to speak someone about it again... of all those ports (about 150) that were needed only 4 were open :flame: