1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Portable Forges?

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Giggles, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

Ok so I'm sitting at the bank the other day and this guy starts talking about having a portable forge and asking if anyone wants to buy it.... I have never heard of such an item and I am curious as to..............

A. Where did it come from?
    B. Is it a rare or from a event?
    C. What are they worth?
    D. Is it an illegal item?

If anyone has any info regarding this I would appreciate it. Thank you :)

2. CapLoD

CapLoD Guest

It was created probably 10 years ago using a bug. Extremely rare however It used to be a banned on sight item.

I havent seen anything saying they were okay to own now (they probably aren't) but then again there was a few years where I didn't follow UO at all so I couldn't say for certain.

I assume they are because it offers you an unfair advantage to have one. The ability to convert ore to ingots while mining would be really nice.

by the way this was the one item in UO that i REALLY wanted while I still played. A lot of people who's weren't deleted used item bless deeds on them.

3. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You can smelt ore into ingots whilst mining, its called a fire beetle :)

4. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

I'm pretty sure this item is highly bannable.

5. Xel Naga

Xel Naga Guest

Yes, but a portable forge means you can stay stealthed and scripters love that especially being able to smelt while mining hidden. They are detectable if you see a firebeetle randomly sitting there.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Quoting from the FAQ at the top of this forum:
    FAQs are written for a purpose. It's usually advisable to read them now and then.

7. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

Thank you all for your help. Sorry about missing the FAQ... my stratics surfing time is limited, so I usually pop on blurt out a question and then go poof :) . But will try to pay more attention to such things in the future as to not inconvenience anyone.

Take Care.

8. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You can't mine while hidden anymore anyways.