1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] portrait

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by weezer, Dec 29, 2009.

1. weezer

weezer Guest

I picked up a "portrait" at an idoc in the middle of a bunch of old rares. It looks like one of the fishing portriats (not the red lady), but it doens't have any of the shipwreck information.

Where did this come from and is it rare and if so how much do they sell for? Is it just an old prepatch fished up portrait or is it just a bugged fishing item? Something different?

I did the search this forum option and didn't provide me with the information other than seeing some for sale a few years ago. And before someone asks for pictures, i am at work and can't post any.

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

weezer, if it's what I think it is, don't hang it in your house, it will become static... sounds like one of those, anyway... I had one some time ago, didn't realize what it was, and needed to page a GM to get it removed

as for where they come from, I haven't a clue:eek:

3. weezer

weezer Guest

I still have it in my backpack (glad i havn't tried to place it anywhere yet).

Anyone else have any information on this?

4. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I think it is a server birth, but I'm not positive. Someone on the board should be able to let you know for certain.

BlissMarie

5. weezer

weezer Guest

Thank you bliss and devils for the replies you made! I appreciate them.

Is there anyone else out there who can help me with the value of the item and let me know where it came from?

I would appreciate any help you could give.

6. Tangled Metal

Tangled Metal Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Befor I quit 2 years ago I had a full set of "Portrait" and "Painting" They were server birth rares and they could be hung up with no problem. Now that I am back I wish I had just banked all my rares. Oh well, you never know!

7. Rador

Rador Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

serverbith, and you are able to hang it up,
    have some of these.

Price i dont know, but there are not lot around!

Cheers
    Rador