1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

possible contest for best thief in UO

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Mogluk, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

taking ideas for a best thief in UO contest.....its been awhile since I ran an event so its time to get back into the swing of things.

2. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

well I think it would be a good idea for orcs to bath first. Or stealth up wind.

3. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

bah meeb smell lik flowers!!!!

4. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

I vote Puffy best thief, hands down. Arden was pretty good too imo, I liked how he got into his, made friends, had some tea, and then.. ty.

Good times. So..I guess this is for 'current' thieves? ^^

5. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

I think that maybe a better title would be " most effective use of the stealing skill"

6. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

how would you go about testing that?

7. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

not sure but thats why I was asking for opinions. would have to be something that was both story related and skill related kinda ove like what nightstalker does

8. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Well, all joking aside, *pun was intended in previous post* I feel it'd be hard to judge such a contest. You would have to come up with several scenarios, because "best thief" is very general these days.

You have and I don't remember some of the nicknames:

Towny thief - Basically steals daily rares, doom rares, etc.

PvP/Player thief - I don't think we have a single one on the shard now that can/will PvP as he's stealing your ****. Last one I remember, was Star Jamison. Yes, we have 3-4 that I've 'seen' that will randomly steal from yas, and some get nice stuff, such as event items, marties, faction arties, etc.

Faction thief - merely just a sigil stealing thief, good ones have the detect/remove trap/maybe like 80+ tinker for faction traps etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that said, do you plan on being more specific, or maybe hold different brackets for each type of thief, and allow the contestants to enter in any if not all of his/her choice.

But yeah, it still seems like a hard thing to judge.

9. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

Oh I agree it will be difficult and I think that categories are going to be necessary.

I was thiningof having a head to head competition for thieves:

give player x and player Y a certain period of time to execute a series of steals it can be anything from items stolen at a bank, stolen in combat (like old star) or items from events. the trick is how to prove and judge the indivdual steals.....

or maybe take a week and let the shard judge by the impact of the steals and here "antics"

10. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

Probably a good idea to go with catagories too, so there won't be as much of the arguing over what is a real thief or whatever. Or...Perhaps yu could create a list of things a thief can do and assign a point value to it. Some of the things could be steals, PvP, or whatever. More points for hamming it up on the forums, or for some crazy antic in game. Everything has to be reported on the forums and backed up by someone else. end of the week, points are added up.

11. Who doesn't like Ru? :thumbup1:

12. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

I forgot about Ru. He's the king of the petballs, that's for sure! And I'd say he's one of the, if not, best escape artists!

13. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

IMO thing with being the best thief is steals/overtime. There is not always or rarely is something worth stealing. So its all about recognizing a situation or finding the place where ppl have something to steal and then remaining patient enough to be there at that perfect moment when you can drop the hammer and no one is expecting it.
    Being an awsome stealther plays a big part of it, deception is key, but imo again, patience and forward thinking are the biggest factors in what makes the best thief.
    I'm not saying that I am he. I just said that in previous posts to annoy Rico...lol

14. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Mo the thief forums has a contest for best steal of the week. I think there could be a few categories:

-Best Steal - For best items
    -Most creative steal - For method

15. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
    I think this would be a perfect idea. Would get the thieves in the spirit of things and go do their jobs! Steal our **** now!

16. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

lol, i hate trying to steal from you! i dunno anyone else that moves as much as you do.

17. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

haha, when we're in Luna, I tell people in vent to not stop moving else Ru will get their ****. Sadly, they don't listen. :lol: I always think you're there!

18. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

heh, i usually am. just about the only time i catch you guys not moving is when you're standing in front of tek's/krystal's. that's when i start window shopping. it's nice when you all line up like that, makes it so much easier. couple of you guys usually have nice items, but poor akaku never has anything to take, you should let him do some more looting. :)

19. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Akaku is a better looter then me, and I've seen him sell quite a few Faction items on his buyback vendor. Way not to catch him at an opportune moment!

:)

20. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

We baited Myaku with this last night. I stood still with a para up 3-5 tiles from the house, as soon as he came up to snoop, I para, two of us exp fs and dismounter dropped him.