1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Possible? Impossible?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Petra Fyde, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

My hubby keeps bringing home 'nearly relic' stuff (as he understands it) insisting that I can imbue it up to the required point level and get a fragment. I've so far wasted shed loads of gems, residue and enchanted essence trying to do this with 0 success. (unravelling at queen's forge with gargoyle)

Please tell me whether it's possible or not? Would I do better to just unravel and accept whatever appears from the loot?

2. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

As far as I know, they (the Devs) changed it so that any imbued loot will not give a relic frag. I am fairly certain only exceptionally crafted items can become relic frags (after being imbued).

3. TheLetterQ

TheLetterQ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

not possible ! and the reason is the 20% penalty 500* .20 = 100 500-100=400
    you need 401 for relic!
    as q said though you can enhance that is currently the only way to craft relics from loot that i know of!

5. [JD]

[JD] Guest

if we have 401+ (garg+queen forge) intensity loot we find though that will unravel to a relic, right?

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

yes!! and you can still enhance loot also to get relics

7. Gelf

Gelf Guest

Depends on durability, that also affect unraveling(u get a -.02 for every point below 55 i think)
    or is that automaticly calculated into intensity?

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

its below 50 you get the -.02

9. The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi there Petra,

they havechanged they way enhancing work.Before we just wanted as many properties as possible.That does not work anymore.

Buggest change is that they only count 5 properties.This means that if you have more than 5 properties they will divide items total intensity with number of properties.You can actually end up with less total intensity if you enhance than you had from start !!.

Regards
    The Scandinavian