1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Possible re-release of Origin Classics?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cear Dallben Dragon, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

From the twitter of Paul Barnett

[​IMG]

Who is Paul Barnett?

Me wonders if any of the UO developers know more.....
    (i'll be behind fel vesper bank throwing dice if you want to meet in private)

really tho, this worked great for seirra with Kings Quest and Space Quest.
    It would be awesome if Dos Box could learn to properly configure and run Pagan and Ultima VII

2. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

I have the Dragon Edition ... I think it should still operate properly on a dual-core AMD system. I'll try it out.

3. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

4. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Dragon Edition was marketed some years back ... Akalabeth right up to U9 (I think). Add-on/variant packs were not included. Has a map and other stuff in the box.

I haven't opened it in some time, but I do know that the last time I tried anything it was on a 750mhz AMD chip and worked fairly well. The early games ran in a DOS command window as I recall.

I have tomorrow off (6 x 12 hr shifts for a couple more weeks) and if I can I'll load things up and try them out. XP/SP3 on a 3ghz AMD Athlon dual-core box. Hell, it's worth a shot.