1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Possibly New

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sadmaz, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Sadmaz

Sadmaz Visitor

Hi guys i think this might be the 2nd time i try to post this.

So some background story,i have been introduced to sandboxish games by Darkfall and Mortal Online but always on their forums i kept reading about UO,i have given several tries to learn to play UO through various shards (i kno i shud prolly not post bout em) the very first times were a disaster i must say (couldn't even find out the spells :p)

Anyway eventually i got the hang of it and last year i decided to give a go on Europa (no mattered to what happened to the game i wasn't here 10 years ago so it all seems good to me),it was an enjoyable one to two months period i must say,made a couple of chars and i was given a house on my 3rd day near Luna which i customized and had fun with.

(And now to the question) The lack of a day to day community tho and the roleplay and appearance of ppl only on EM events made me get bored,so is Siege a shard for me? I am still new to the game been a year since that Europa experience but i seem to enjoy Ultima everytime a new freeshard makes a success,so i was hoping i can get that fun on a original shard that persists for sure and ppl are more serious bout playing on it-for the record since if i m not mistaken i can't make alot of chars here i am intrested to make a char to see all PvM and PvP aspets of the game.(i think last time i looked around these forums i was pointed that siege is a great place to run a crafter or a vendor and nothing else)

2. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

There is some evidence that Siege is on the front edge of a population rebuild. In order to enjoy it here, you can join NEW2 guild and introduce yourself to as many different guilds as possible. With all the stealthing and (more importantly) different ways to teleport, you need a core group with whom you can associate regularly.

I hope you can make a go of it here!

Sadmaz and IanJames like this.
  3. Sadmaz

Sadmaz Visitor

Man this account system is really ****ed up,after loads of tries all i end up with is a sub to a stupid account i didnt even remember it existed,don't really care bout the chars but i ll lose this way the stygian abyss xpansion.......anyway thanks for the response and yes i will try to reach NEW :D

P.S trying to decide if i shud invest on this account (expecting an emai from EA but not hoping much i really cant remember bout the damn accounts anymore) and to decide a template to start with (any suggestions with PvM,PvP chars for dummies with 700 cap will be apreciated)

#3 Sadmaz, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  4. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Welcome to Siege, Sadmaz.

Hope you´ll like it here. :)

Sadmaz likes this.
  5. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

Account management is a nightmare and has cost the community a lot. No idea why they don't make it even the slightest bit user friendly. Hang in there though. If you can get in, it is well worth it.

6. Sadmaz

Sadmaz Visitor

the time it takes em to investigate the data i send em to find the account is indeed alot ,it is like they trying to make my urge for playing ultima go away :p

7. Sadmaz

Sadmaz Visitor

Ok since i am a Necro-mage for now i shud necro my thread :D.....

Almost done with my month in NEW (btw besides a couple of emails they never informed me from UOsupport bout my lost account) and i have a few questions (which i have discussed with some NEW members and people i chit chat in game,but i wud like the opinion of others too).

First of all bout the client,i been running the EC but some of it's bugs are driving me crazy,so for a PvM-PvP oriented game experience is there any reason to chose the one over the other client? (filling Bods and vendor stuff wont really help me judge :p),and if i go with the CC is it suicidal to play without UOA?

Second and most important i usually suck at it but i cannot stay in the game without PvP,having played everything that included PvP in the last 8-9 years and spent the last 4 on another FFA full loot game is what made me on this try of UO to play on siege ,the general chat seems active enough with trash talks (even if Kelmo hates it) and although i m one of the silent guys after fights (i might say good game or i 'll shut up) makes me think i m at the right place.So the question now,is it possible for a total noob to UO-PvP new account (700 cap) and low budget for now to learn and enjoy it?

and most importantly are there guilds out there for a EU player (damn i forgot above to add high latency as well) to help me learn,i ll use again the same word is it suicidal to consider factions at this stage?(not sure if they wud accept me anyway)

P.S:friday and saturday are not my good gaming days thats why i posted these questions to have sommit UO-ish to think and discuss bout while i cannot login :p