1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Possibly Transfering

Discussion in 'UO Great Lakes' started by Caelas, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Caelas

Caelas Guest

Hi, I'm considering moving a character (probably my garg caster) to this shard. I'm seeking information about the community here and how it might mesh into my playstyle.

A little about me: I'm pretty casual, I've got a wife, kids, and job so my playtime is limited to evenings (6 or 7pm - around 11pm EST) I do not like PvP. I suck at it, actually. PvM is my strong point, I have some experience with roleplay and could probably adjust to that decently well. I'm inquisitive, helpful when I can be, and usually off getting myself killed by who knows what. I love events, hunts, and I get a little obsessive at times about bettering my character. :gee:

So, if you would be so kind, tell me a bit about this shard. Maybe I'll see you soon. :)

2. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This is a good shard.

One of our EMs (EM Malachi) has events every Tuesday night, which involve high-level PvM (very high-level PvM), puzzle-solving, and RP. Our other EM (EM Elizabella) is newer, but has been holding events regularly but at irregular dates and times. (Don't go to her next one if you don't like PvP though.)

We also have a good RP community. Be aware, though, that the main RP alliance is in Factions and is warred to several "bad guy" guilds. But there's nothing saying you can't interact as a blue (as opposed to a green or orange); I did it for months when I got here and several people continue to. The High Council meets on alternating Mondays, and on the intervening Mondays there's a tavern night.

The funny thing is that this isn't considered an "up" period for RP. Their "down" periods here, though, would be considered "up" periods on other shards.

There's several PvM-oriented guilds running around too.

-Galen's player

3. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Just to clatify on the factions point.. 99.9% of the 'Good/Virtuous' RPers belong to the same alliance, which yes is in the TB faction...

However, it is NOT required to participate in PvP - even with the warred guilds (who are also RPers). There are strict Rules of Engagement governing the RPvP, so you don't have to worry about seeing an orange at Luna bank, etc.

If you want to know more, go to http://gl.uorpc.net

As for the EMs, GL has the most active pair Ive seen on any shard. The Royal Spies have met every week for a year now, and the Royal Guard appear to be following suit.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Indeed this is a very good shard. There is plenty of space for building a home.... just about anywhere you'd like to live... as well as plenty of good guilds to join no matter what your interests are.