1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Post-Mastery Skill Gain

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by PlayerSkillFTW, Aug 27, 2010.

1. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I've been working up my Bard/Mages Provo lately, and she's currently at 80+, and i've noticed that the animals she's been provoking have gotten too easy way too early. Been provoking Giant Beetles, and barely getting any gains off them anymore, my Crystal Ball says they're "Easy" as well. Gamans got too easy way to early as well. I'm using a normal, vendor bought instrument. UOGuide says to use Giant Beetles until about 90.0, but i can already tell that's just not going to work. Could it be because i have Disco Mastery, which also boosts the success chance of other barding skills by 5%?
    If so, what should i use for skillgains? UOGuide says the next step after Giant Beetles is Hiryus.

Yep, just tested it. I have to start provoking creatures "at the next level" because my Disco Mastery increases my success chance on other bard skills as well. Hiryu's are "Optimal".

2. ultima77

ultima77 Guest

Is your Music locked at 100? That makes a huge difference as well.

3. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, it's locked at 100.0

4. Fermi

Fermi Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Training discord I was having the same problems this weekend. the creatures suggested were too easy according to crystal ball. I dont have any other bard skills and ony gm music so I dont know if your mastery in discord was the issue.