1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Post office...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kelmo, May 8, 2012.

1. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Is it archaic? It is reported to be losing 25 million dollars a day. I feel the US Postal system needs to be privatized.

2. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Or just make them no longer triple pay their pension system. The post office is one of the last government duties that was actually layed out in the constitution. That doesn't mean that it has to go through the US post office they used to be housed in private stores and had private mail carriers though. I use mine but your right they are in a hole when it comes to financing especially with the gas prices of late.

3. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

If I am not mistaken,they are looking to the current administration for more subsidies. $25 million a day...wow.

4. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Its more monoply rights that they get they don't get any actual cash. So its not money going in. Of course they do pay into the feds so...