1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Post On My Uhall Thread Get Dbl Resources Like Prodo!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by SoulWeaver, Mar 14, 2009.

1. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

2. Idahoan

Idahoan Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

hmmmm

What is next, insurance just like the prodo shards?

Keep Siege as the classic shard that it is. Do not prodo it.

3. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

I believe there are only so few people doing bods etc... because they can't afford to buy the resources to fill all the bods to acutally get good runics... So people like you, and I, and Patty, and Gwen and a few others are the only ones able to get bods done on the shard... Which doesn't let others experience bodding.

It would also revamp the economy because, people would be willing to start mining alot and chopping wood knowing they will be able to get good amount of resources to sell... Say the rate of ingots is 25 per ingot if they double the resources they'll be basically making 50 per ingot now... I think it would cause more people to do mine and lumberjack which then they can spend money on making there characters, creating there own crafters, buying better weapons etc. etc.. etc..

4. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

A more likely scenario would be that doubling resources would only serve to increase the number of script farmers. Yeah! Lets encourage more of that! /sarcasm

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

No. This is a horrible idea. If you want double resources so play some where else.

6. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Or work twice as hard.

7. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I would not mind dbl resources. It may make it easyer to survive as a crafter on Siege.

Also some of the new craftable items use more resources than the old ones.

I really can't see how it will hurt, more will be willing to do resource gathering if they make more money from it.

Sure the price for resources may drop a little but more will buy and sell and we may again see more vendors with crafted armor, weapon, funitures together with regs from monster loot.

We want more action and more players. We may get that if the players get more time to have fun here.

Before AoS, I only needed to do mining or kill some animals to be ready to stock my vendors with PvP gear, now I need to do bods too to make useful PvP gear.
    I have to use alot more time to stock my vendors, that mean less time for fun or no vendors.

8. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

The prices for resources will drop, more scripting will occur, the previous arguments. This is a bad idea.. good for BoD fillers like SoulWeaver, but bad for the resource gatherers who do it without scripts. The high price of commodities is what keeps some people in business.

I hope the devs stick to their precedent of 'No changes unless 99.999% of the shard agrees.'

9. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

What I am trying to explain and Freeja just said... The more resources avilable the more avilable crafters we will have on siege the more bodders we will have on siege. The more demand of more resources. The issue bodders have is the amount of resources out right now isn't enough to keep the current crafters supplied...

I could go through a million or two iron ingots a week if i did bods a few days a week. But I can not becuase no one has enough ingots so i can't really do bods to often.

Even if there are more scripters its more people to steal, and kill, and make them regret scripting when they wake up dead with nothing. I just think there will be a lot more regular miners willing to mine becuase they'll be make a good amount of money. Maybe later the resources drop later but later there will be more crafters that want to make items and do bods... so there will be a higher demand then there is already.

10. This may be true, but consider there are a lot of changes that would make Siege "better." If we allowed selling to NPCs it would make training a new char much easier. That may help make people want to come here, etc.

But this ultimately begs the question of when to stop. Item Insurance may help increase population but at what cost? If anything, I think they should make things harder. When I started here only certain people had PBD, I wasn't one of them but I still tried to pvp. This is why I just shake my head at those who constantly complain about Faction items or trading them back. If anything, faction/cursed arties should be removed along with our Seige Bless Item. The whole point is to have a different rule set....a more difficult rule set.

11. I agree with soulweaver double resources would be a good idea. I think its hillarious that every time someone brings up improving the shard there are comments like Cybernickle's "why not just add insurace?" what a LAME ASS comment, nobody wants insurance thats why siege is so great. Lets just get to the point all you against making siege better is under the immpression that siege should be like those freeshards MAYBE THOSE PEOPLE SHOULD PLAY HYBRID. Lets make siege a better shard lets get over the pre AOS bull$#!% time changes quit living in the past.

12. Reginus

Reginus Guest

I have to respectfully disagree with doubling resources. Sure, resources could be gathered in half the time, but this would lessen the demand for them, and therefore the prices will drop. Most new players to Siege make their money selling leather for 25ea, or iron for 30ea. These are very attractive prices and a sale is nearly guaranteed for them, making gathering them worthwhile. If you double output, the price will drop with the demand You will see less people farming resources to sell; more will farm them for their personal use.

13. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Kat and Kelmo make a lot of sense... *rolls eyes* We have what? 5-6 active crafters on siege... srsly this is something we do need... get a clue...

14. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would have mixed feelings about it cuz on the one hand I would not mind getting dbl the resources...but on the other hand ..double of WHAT ?

Sorry for my rant on UO Hall in ye thread, but they really screwed things up in my dorky opinion cuz when we hit trees for hours or mine up ore or granite and all we get most of the time is PLAIN Ore , PLAIN granite rocks, PLAIN wood oak and ash...and NOT the stuff we NEED more of often..higher end woods ore granite.

Doubling the resources would still only net us maybe... 40 bloodwood instead of maybe 20 ...when we may need 200 or 300 to make the bloodwood armor or furny we wish to make in it, we would want more of the rarer woods and ore and granite a lot more often !! To make Valorite tables...I would hope and want more than plain old granite rocks doubled thus getting em..even more often...sure be nice to get 2 instead of 4 ...*when I get em* but is still is NOT enough. They need to fix that random randomness first I feel...let em fix that mess first ! :( They supposidly did that to deter scripters well it did not..it only punishes us honest resource harvesters till we barely feel like going out there to get more of the same single or double the resources, of the same...PLAIN OLD PLAIN ...instead of the better stuffs we want/need more OF.

*too much random/seldom of getting nothing but the same old plain old plain..it ticks me off, can ye tell ? *

15. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Im new to siege and play a pure crafter here and I dont want double resources.

Prodo shards introduced double resources to Fel to encourage folk to go there as large parts of Fel were abandoned. We dont have that here on Siege .. there is no alternate 'safe' facet to try and lure people from. I mine, I lumber, I skin ... and I'm finding it ok, in fact im enjoying it immensely.

16. John Connelly

John Connelly Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It's not required. When Bags of Sending are returned to their original form there will be many more resources available on Siege.

17. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

*boos idea*...la

18. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed. I for one will be providing leather for sale, when this change is enacted.

19. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

What he said...

20. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Aaaaand what he said...

21. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I do not believe that was my lame ass comment...

22. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Double resources is not necessary. It would be nice economically, but SP isn't supposed to be namby pambies.

CONVERT TO UOR. End.

23. Queen Amy

Queen Amy Guest

I agree with Reginus:

24. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Makes 100% sence. We are not asking for all the lame trammie shard stuff but it would be nice to have just a little more to make up for losing it all to some PK that's going to put it on the ground or just throw it away...

25. I'm Sorry i put wrong name. I do apologize.

26. you put the wrong name, but you also misread what the original poster said.

He was being sarcastic, i'm pretty sure in now way does he want item insurance on siege *sigh*

27. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Huh? Isn't the great thing about UO is you don't have to buy resources, you can be a crafter and do bods all day long if you go out and mine yourself?

Little bit of a contradiction here, isn't it? Who's farming the resources to buy? Are they not doing bods?

This seems a little bit of a 'whaaa' there isn't enough people selling bods so I can get my verite or valorite hammer post.

The issue isn't being able to buy resources to get good runic, the issue is getting the S-Bods to fill the L-Bods for the good runics, and that isn't a resource issue, it's a RNG issue.

28. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Votes NO

29. rockytriton

rockytriton Guest

Or script twice as long in most peoples cases.

30. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

The issue is getting the resoruces to fill bods, or getting the regular wood to do the heartwood quest, or to get cloth for tailoring bods... resource issue. But regardless it's not going to happen so oh well...