1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Post Pub 70 client crashes...even logged out

Discussion in 'UHall' started by SixUnder, Apr 4, 2011.

1. SixUnder

SixUnder Legendary Assassin
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

only since pub 70 have a noticed while in game and almost most accertain if i log out and leave client at login screen it will be crashed when i come back.

plus during game play we have had alot of client issues post pub 70 anyone else having or notice these things happening?

i run off a i7-965chip, 4 gb of viper ram, 3 GB SLi Video connected cards state of the art physics chips, water flow coolant around my 3- 1 TB Each HD set of raid-5 configuration. and 8 fans in the box as well. all with a 1000 w powersupply. so i know its not me. never ever had any issues until post pub 70 client.

anyone else?

2. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Classic or Enhanced?

( I'm having similar problems with the classic. )

3. SixUnder

classic

13 yrs plus

4. SixUnder

only 1 other person?

devs aware of it?

5. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Haha.

Anyway, working fine here.

6. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Can they assume Windows 7?

I'm on a very old machine with XP, and have had no trouble.

7. Lady CaT

Lady CaT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes I run classic client on laptop X64 Based i5 CPU M430 @2.27 GHz 4GB Ram Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium. I'm also experiencing alot of random client shutdowns since patch.

Recently in High Seas expansion while fishing with friends and using party chat client shut down seven times. Friend suggested to recall home to my house and then back to boat. After that client shut downs ceased. Im not sure what that did.

Other time Ive recalled to Luna then ran down stairs from bank and client just shuts down.

Another time was during EM event fighting Virtue Bane running around trying to avoid Virtue Banes area attacks. And casting ebolts. The screen would flash when Virtue Bane attacked. Client would shut down again there too. Maybe something to do with Virtue Banes ability to teleport people to him?

Only thing I can think of is something to do with spells and location being set improperly somehow. Recalling to boat, recalling to bank, Virtue Bane changing a players location to attack them? But this is just purely a guess. I don't know if these observations help anyone pinpoint a possible cause.

8. Its prob just one Larry's hax :(

9. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

LOL :thumbup1:

10. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I've been having crashes since pub70 as well on both my machines, been trying to track down the cause, probably a few new memory leaks to add to the hundreds of existing ones :D