1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Post Your Custom House Designs Here...

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Guest, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

The old thread was getting a bit unwieldy and several of the houses are no longer there or the pictures are no longer hosted, so we're starting over fresh. Post your house design pictures here, and include the plot size (if you remember it). Also, if the house is public, post your shard, coordinates and facet for those of us that would like to come by and have an up-close look.

2. PHLiNX

PHLiNX Guest

Currently no longer own the house, but just wanted to share. The house was empty at the time this pic was taken, with just a few plants placed.

[​IMG]

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll put up a few of my more fav ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Xanth de Orlig

Xanth de Orlig Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BRPA

This is an upgrade i did for a friend... the main structure was there, i just went over and revamped the stairs/built a roof/tweaked some walls etc. Pretty pleased though, turned out looking alot better than it was... (i wish i had thought to get a before pic ;-) )

[​IMG]

5. Alynora

Alynora Guest

Just a little something I did a while back. It's a group of 3, however, one house was in between them.. But just managed to get the house in between the two treehouses, so these designs will change once i rearrange the house sizes etc.. and put them together.. but enjoy... Interior screens will go up later if folks want them. The houses are actually roomier than expected considering the design. I guess I was trying to create a sort of "Heartwood" type village. Not sure if I succeeded though.

Europa Shard, Marble Island...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I would like to see interior shots. The exterior is gorgeous. There are some very nice designs in this thread. I would post my shop but I cannot get the entire thing in one image.

7. Wow jcesare , you've outdone your self in the farm and the manner! They both look really good.

8. Alynora

Alynora Guest

Thanks [​IMG]
    Finally managed to put the interior screenshots together (had to do some splicing together since otherwise they also don't go in one image) there's only one little area I never finished deco'ing.. and that was the living room area. was going to put a couch in by the fireplace but never got around to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the smaller house:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did do one that was even smaller near Trinsic, but I dropped this one in order to take the plot in between the two you see above. This was the original tree:
    (originally done on TC, I think I missed taking a screen of the one in Trinsic! ack! so this will have to do ) the later design got rid of the excess leaves in the front corner of this tree and was somewhat larger

[​IMG]

9. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

took forever to get all those rocks... This is on LS btw, ice island, just south of the mountain exit, impossible to miss.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]That looks great!!

11. Lzndr

Lzndr Guest

That mountain might be the most mentally disturbed thing I've ever seen in this game... So much I wish I'd thought of it. [​IMG]

If you ever Ebay it, let me know... I want to watch.

12. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Guest

I acquired 4 houses in my own houseing location and gave them to guildies to make our own lil city :>
    They were all custom designed by a very close friend of my who has played UO a very long time (who i keep telling to get some kinda job working with in game graphic structures! Hes insane!)
    So here are my two favorites :>

The one i live in....
    [​IMG]

And the one South west of mine...
    [​IMG]

And thats only the outside *wink*
    I Kve yuo Narj/Chris!

13. Zynia

Zynia Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

My main (I only like the first floor..)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just for fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Xanth de Orlig

Xanth de Orlig Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BRPA

nice designs all round, but most psyched i can finally get a big mac in uo! heh

15. Zynia

Zynia Lore Master

hehe Thank you Xanth, I love your "basement" entrance/exit!

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Beautiful layout, and great job getting it to look like a united treehouse "compound". I especially like the reddish wood flooring on the walkways. It is a nice contrast to the greens, browns, and grays.

-Skylark

17. 4gregu

4gregu Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't think I ever posted pics of my house in the old thread, so here they are.
    Again all credit for the design goes to Jaddak. I took his awsome design and slightly tweeked it to fit my needs. I always had trouble finding a house style I liked, I would get bored looking at the same walls everyday. That's the best thing about this place, each floor can be different, and you can't tell from the outside.
    38 degrees 13 minutes North
    39 degrees 26 minutes West
    From Makoto-Jima gate head west till you get to the first road, it is right outside of town (Zento)

[​IMG]
    ^Roof
    [​IMG]
    ^1st floor
    [​IMG]
    ^2nd floor
    [​IMG]
    ^3rd floor

Jaden Rain likes this.
  18. Name: Repository
    Coords:133o 41'N. 4o 38'W
    Server:Chesapeake
    Shard: Malas
    Size: 14x11

Hopefully soon to-be vendor house, guild meeting area who knows.

[​IMG]

19. Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica Guest

ok, here comes my first house. Its in the Malas Desert north of the Pyramid

[​IMG]

20. Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica Guest

Thats my house in Malas near Umbra by the forest where the Nightmare spawns

[​IMG]

21. Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica Guest

And that one is in Malas as well in the secret place by the Luna walls. Sorry for the bad quality, I am crap with paint, lol

[​IMG]

SpiffyBananaFoot likes this.
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

This is my floral shop on Origin. I based it on one of several drawings I found of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

[​IMG]

23. Lerbee

Lerbee Guest

Here's my house on Europa. It is a tavern and (disused) winemakers called the House of Rotten Grapes.

[​IMG]

24. Kolian

Kolian Guest

Okay...

So this is my 'flagship' house, which used to be my home on Sonoma while I still played. I believe it still stands, under someone else's ownership. Unsure if it's public.

[​IMG]

It's a 16x16 on the north ring in Zento. Won two awards, one as a local shard thing and the other was Castles & Courtyards' roof contest. Was submitted for Markeedragon's big one at the start of UOSE, but did not place.

[​IMG]

This is an undecorated picture of my entry for the UOML beta's 'best one gets a free upgrade code' contest. No luck there.

[​IMG]

That used to stand in Darkmoor on Sonoma... Never bothered doing the RP thing I was planning on with it, so it's gone now.

[​IMG]
    Second/Third floor interior

This was my design entry for the Mage Tower on Sonoma... Wasn't used.

[​IMG]

A variant on the one up top, done for a friend. Used to be down the street from my place, until its owner quit the game, leaving to another person who put up something truly terrible.

[​IMG]

One of several places done for Calell on Sonoma... Didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.

[​IMG]

Done for Venus on Sonoma, another variant on my place.

Jaden Rain likes this.
  25. Scotia

Scotia Guest

Apocalyptica the first one is just beautiful!!! You did an AWESOME job on it. I love the look of the others as well but that one is my favorite! [​IMG]

26. Scotia

Scotia Guest

Melina, yours on Origin is BEAUTIFUL too!!!
    It almost makes me wanna redo mine....notice I said almost! [​IMG]

The thought of packing and unpacking it is what stops me! LOL

27. Kolian

Kolian Guest

<blockquote><hr>

This is my floral shop on Origin. I based it on one of several drawings I found of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geeze, nice work on the deco. The plants really give the structure a good look.

28. Zynia

Zynia Lore Master

New design:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course who would I be without a little fun. Just didn't come out as well as I'd hoped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Lerbee

Lerbee Guest

This is another house I've built though the house is owned by a friends account. A plot fell next to our town so we grabbed it and I just wanted something quick put on it instead of just leaving it as a dirt plot.

[​IMG]

30. Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica Guest

I needed more space for plant growing so I redone my place in Malas north of the pyramid. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

31. Guest

Guest Guest

I must be really slow today cause I looked all around and couldn't find your house. lol Anyways, it's a great design, just like your others. [​IMG] If you have vendors there, you should post the coords in the gardening forum. They are currently redoing the vendors for 2006.

32. Guest

Guest Guest

The Luna Sewage Works on Europa...

[​IMG]

33. Ultima_Dork

Ultima_Dork Grand Poobah

years ago a small player run town was started on chessy.
    that town has slowed died out over the past few years, and is now.. passed on. The last remaining founding fathers, Lord Ander, has now moved on from the game as well.

Friday night i purchased his largest home in the old town of Nidaros.
    I redid the design and made it my own. Im still deco'n it but this is what i have thus far..

as a side note.. he left many items in the house made by his blacksmith, Lord Ander. Ive used them all over the house just to pay respect to the man that held up Nidaros as long as he could..

(pardon the stuff on the roof in the last pic... items left from last deco and havent gotten them down yet)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

34. Guest

Guest Guest

Love the design...the various roof segments create visual interest, and are well balanced! [​IMG]

-Skylark

35. fishbonz

fishbonz Guest

Hello,

I was asked to post my house from another post here..soo here it is.
    This is a 14x10 on the Atlantic shard. It is located on the far east side of the swamp north of Trinsic. I call it "The Drunken Oar"
    http://picasaweb.google.com/fishfry/UO/photo#4981617394324865042

I am not done decorating it yet but have gotten a good start on it.

Outside the house:
    I used fishing nets to cover the teleporter tiles.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/fishfry/UO/photo#4981617328817766418

Secret Dungeon
    This cannot be seen from anywhere but on this lvl inside the house.
    I am thinking of covering the entire floor with bone piles but need to collect more to make it complete.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/fishfry/UO/photo#4981617347164110866

Main Level
    Here you can see the bar, which I am in the process of covering the floor with regular fishing nets.
    You can also see the small work shop for my crafter (pictured)
    http://picasaweb.google.com/fishfry/UO/photo#4981617365408612370

complete view from main level
    http://picasaweb.google.com/fishfry/UO/photo#4981617379574284306

Top Level
    Here we can see my green house/garden room. I use a lot of orange petals and usually sell/use the green thorns. I am in the process of collecting plain green fern seeds which I will use the plants on the small balcony's for decorations.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/fishfry/UO/photo#4981617388561235986

36. =D dont think any AUSSIES have posted so i thought i might be the first... this is my house in Makoto-Jima just up from the moongate, on Oceania of course!

Shown Below is The Stone Monkey Inn of Oceania

[​IMG]
    ^ Outside The Stone Monkey Inn
    [​IMG]
    ^ inside 1st Floor - Training Room
    [​IMG]
    ^ 2nd Floor - Bar and Dining Room [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And Last but not Least, the 3rd Floor - eg Bedroom, Study, Workshop AND a small garden *smiles*

37. Alynora

Alynora Guest

right, here's the latest group of designs...

sorry bout earlier pics no longer working, but i rearranged stuff on my photobucket album...

[​IMG]

38. <font color="purple">Heres my house On Chesapeake Outside Shakra</font>

Front Of the house...
    [​IMG]

First Floor
    [​IMG]

Second Floor
    [​IMG]

Third Floor
    [​IMG]

Top Floor "The Roof"
    [​IMG]

39. trainer

trainer Guest

Ok this is depressing. I have tried to take screen shots of my house but cant get them on the forum page. HELP please!!!

I am using win xp. I have tried the screen shot button but I guess I'm not doing everything right.

Would someone be gracious enough to walk me thru the process step by step PUHLEEEEEEEEEEESE [​IMG]. thank you

40. Guest

Guest Guest

Instructions on uploading screenshots to your post are outlined in the Housing FAQ stickied up top.

41. Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica Guest

deleted cause piccie got lost somehow, lol

42. the house with the rocks, oh my lord, so many rocks .

alot of theses houses look very nice, but i would perfer to see them in the 2d client than the 3d client.

43. Kolian

Kolian Guest

[​IMG]

Decided to make use of the whole free UO for a week deal.

Jaden Rain likes this.
  44. Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica Guest

So, I finished the ground floor and the roof of my keep. Thought I post some piccies. First floor is still under construction, hence you see some chest on the balcony...just ignore then, hehe. I really cannot think though how to make my first floor in the moment.

GroundFloor:
    [​IMG]

Roof:
    [​IMG]

45. lady_pearl

lady_pearl Guest

nice house's! I'm going to post my daughers keep and later her yew house. I added all the new items since she don't play anymore.
    would like to see more 9th anny houses!
    <center>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]</center>

46. Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I must be really slow today cause I looked all around and couldn't find your house. lol Anyways, it's a great design, just like your others. [​IMG] If you have vendors there, you should post the coords in the gardening forum. They are currently redoing the vendors for 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Coords are

14' 3'' S 23'12'' E in Malas. North of the pyramid and east from the orc fort there. House Owner is my char Ada. So it is right here:
    [​IMG]

I already redesigned the house as well, lol. Not quite finished decorating it though. I will post the coords from my shop in the gardening forum , thanks for the tip.

47. House of Furniture
    Shard: Napa Valley

[​IMG]

This is the heart and soul of the house. In this shot you can see 46 of the 50 total vendors, 18 public furniture dye tubs, and my biggest big fish hanging on the back wall. All the vendors on the inside all sell furniture &amp; decoration related goods.

[​IMG]

Now that was the customer entrance. This is the long way around. I designed this way on purpose to encourage visitors to use the main entrance, and stop them from peeking in from behind the counter. Various vendors with random goods.

[​IMG]

My library. Including a guest book on the table, walls of runebooks and player written stories &amp; guides I've collected. Also public runebook dyetubs near the entrance.

[​IMG]

More public tubs: leather, special, black and more furniture tubs. Also my little smithy porch. A lot of times I'll be smithing away out here.

[​IMG]

You can go down the stairs 2 floors to get to the area behind the counter or go all the way down to the basement. This is where I store all my junk. Everything stackable goes in the crates, all the granite goes in the baskets. Also easy access to run back to Luna.

48. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

My attempt of a Crystal Keep:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

49. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master

jcesare - I love your manor house! I hope you don't mind, but I've attempted to duplicate it for my main home on Atlantic. Kudos to you! (I'm so design-challenged!)

50. Guest

Guest Guest

I just remembered I said in the goza steps thread, that I would post my house design once I got finished. So here it is. [​IMG]

This is on the Origin Shard Facet, an 18x18.

The house is designed to resemble Elminster Aumar's windmill-like tower from the Forgotten Realms, Shadowdale Village.

The drawning I tried to recreate it from is this one:
    [​IMG]

Here is the finished product: (copied from my post in the T.Hunter forum)

<u>Elminster's Tower</u><ul>[*]Rune Library &amp; Lockpicking House - Lockpicking Boxes are all GM Tinker Made, located inside the two barrels outside of the Tower.[*]Origin Shard Fragment[*]Trammel Facet, outside Skara Brae.[*]Coordinates: 55o 27'N 33o 2'W[*]Elminster Aumar - Old Sage, Forgotten Realms Guild [FR][/list]"If you would like to visit the Old Sage's Tower, you will find it east of Skara Brae, along the road just outside the first small farm fields. Please be sure to read the Sign (blue book next to the entrance), as it contains some history and lore told of the tower by the resident Sage." ~Orvago, Druid of Mother Sosaria

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "The Old Sage has allowed me to house my collection of Two Hundred Grandmaster Tinker crafted Lockpicking Boxes from my days as a youth, learning the lockpicking trade... You will find these two hundred boxes, some how, magically no doubt, packed neatly into the two Brown Barrels outside the tower. Be sure to read the blue book I have written for use of the Lockpicking Boxes. Next to a couple agapite colored runebooks that are marked in various lockpicking trading places around Sosaria.

You may download all the UO Assist Macros for Picking and Re-Locking all the boxes here: (.zip format | .rar format) --- These macros take up macro numbers 9 through 16, so make sure to backup your original UO Assist Macros before copying these."

[​IMG]
    "Within the first floor of the the Old Sage's tower, you will find various runebooks he allows visitors and travelers to use. As well as his assorted collection of Dye Tubs. If you have come to read or find Treasure Map locations, head on up the spiral stairs to the second floor..."

[​IMG]
    "Here, on the north wall are all the Trammel locations, based on the Treasure Hunters of Britannia Treasure Map Archive. As well, the Sage has organised a few of his many tomes for the Citizens of Sosaria to read at their leasure." ~Orvago, Druid of Mother Sosaria