1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Post your favorite screenshots!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vortimer, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Vortimer

Vortimer Guest

Post your favorite screenshots from over the years and a caption.

Im gonna fire up my old comp... I got alot.

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have too many favourites to list.. But I'll include a few 'funnies'.

[​IMG]
    Bob Invasion from Europa.

[​IMG]
    A protest for a Pre Ren shard gone wrong. :D

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Not sure my favourite will mean much to anyone who doesn't know me, but here it is:
    [​IMG]

This one I'm quite fond of too:
    [​IMG]

4. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

FL comes to pay their respect. At one time I was real popular with many of the old guilds. :lol: [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Fun times with Evasion. I loved it. To me it was similar to Pre Aos magic resist.

[​IMG]

I always love to dress up for a battle. Pic is after ML and my guy sporting the old 21-23 damage range talon bite.

[​IMG]
    Killed 3 guys in about 3 seconds on foot. Momentum and a ls or 2

[​IMG]

Sig made by Lady Vixen of Sonoma. I sported this prior to pub 25 with the 5/6 casting. I took it down after Lady Vixen went to heaven. I will always miss her.

5. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Nice *evade* type text *evade*

6. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

hehe yeah, I am holding this sword in that pic
    [​IMG]

After SA came out I altered it to a dread sword and now have it on GL collecting dust.

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Ok I'll bite thes may be a bit crazy or big and I apologize I'm not that great at this:

This was just fun and these guys did an awesome job:
    [​IMG]

This was during some of the KR testing:
    [​IMG]

This was some fun with 3D and I wish like heck they would bring back 90% of the fun functions of that client to the new EC:
    [​IMG]
    This was a very strange bug that I saw one time while out hunting in 3d:
    [​IMG]

These were very cool and I was glad to have been a witness to them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And last but not least..... This was just the funniest thing and I had to take a screenshot because it was a once in a lifetime occurrence. My friend died and just wound up like this:
    [​IMG]

8. Evlar

Evlar Guest

John Wayne of UO

[​IMG]

9. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

10. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Although I doubt many people wwill like this one, it doesn't show anything amazing happening, it's just a timeframe and look of the game that I enjoyed and really miss...

KR, at night in Nujelm in Widescreen format:

[​IMG]

I loved the way that sandstone looked in KR, the lighting (which is also great in the EC), and the widescreen format gave an interesting new camera angle to the game IMO. Only issue it had was stretching out the character models.

But so much of that is now long gone.

11. Fink

Fink Guest

I love that KR sandstone look. I don't know why we can't have it back for EC, or at least the option. I think the aspect ratio there is appealing, too, but there are enough scaling issues just from zoom after the low resolution downgrade. Sad. :(

12. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

13. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Good thread. Anyone else?

14. S.P.A

S.P.A Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

[​IMG]

This from 1999 when I started, my miner/smith, with his convoy of pack horses to carry the ore.

I remember my macro...

G Follow E
    F Follow D
    E Follow C
    D Follow B
    C Follow A
    B Follow A
    A Follow Me

Sometimes I used the other macro...

G Follow F
    F Follow E
    E Follow D
    D Follow C
    C Follow B
    B Follow A
    A Follow Me

and I'd walk to Brit Bank and unload them all. I got such laughs from the crowd.

[​IMG]

The day they opened Malas. 48 hours without sleep as the shard crashed, rebooted, crashed, reverted, crashed, rebooted and so on. Did that at my house with a friend and half a dozen computers on! Thank God for beer & curry, otherwise we'd never have survived.

[​IMG]

The day I GM'd begging on my favourite beggar.

15. Fink

Fink Guest

"All Yore Bank Are Belong To Apes", one of my many gorillagrams before the five-slot follower restriction on pets. Some people chose to tote 5 wyrms, I liked gorillas.

"Wyrmperson", White Wyrms used to polymorph into humans at one point. They were still tameable.

"BSC Orcs", Feenary & Doc Brown, two representatives of the Oceania chapter of the Britannian Society of Chefs, don disguises and plumb the depths of the newly discovered Orc Caves. It seemed the forges worked as ovens, and the cave water was potable.

Attached Files:

16. Drazasamus

Drazasamus Guest

this was back in '07 i believe, i was the first person "Dalin" back there on nappa valley right after blackrock came out, i then teleported out, and marked a rune, and started gating people back there. I am the elf bowing up front :). not to much longer after that some EM's showed up for the event and kicked us out :(. but its fun finding this picture again... i had another with me sitting on the throne, but i lost it.

Attached Files:

17. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

What happened to Feenicks?

18. S.P.A

S.P.A Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Found some more...

[​IMG]

Valentine's Day, 14 February 2000.

[​IMG]

5 December 1999. I died but my cloak and boots remained on my paperdoll and green.

[​IMG]

21 August 1999. My first week. Someone convinced me to train by attacking them in the warriors' guild. Guards instakilled me. I changed shard after that, best decision I ever made!

[​IMG]

4 July 2000. When they reopened housing in what was about to become Felucca, at the time of the creation of Trammel, no-one was checking for housing spaces in Felucca any more and I got the ideal spot at the Chaos Shrine.

[​IMG]

Late 2000. I changed the staff to all-female *chuckles*

19. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

Don't worry - you won't be a murderer! :D

20. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Oceania players will remember this one...

[​IMG]

Was the fall of Morissa event and I haven't seen as many players in one place on Oce since. This was the end of the event where the Minion of Morissa robes came from (see pink robe in paperdoll).

21. Fink

Fink Guest

I remember that.. I think I'm there in the green with the green lesser hiryu. It's a shame there was such a long gap in the EM program from back then and the current one now, a lot of people left in the lull.

22. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

My Avatar comes from here:
    [​IMG]

The same event in SA client, right before it crashed:
    [​IMG]

23. Vandetta

Vandetta Guest

does anyone have any pics of the colour wars from way way way way back?

24. XLaCeDX

XLaCeDX Guest

My all time favorite screenshot ever in UO!!

I met this person ingame on Test Sosaria shard back in 2004 or so and we were pals for awhile.

Me a divorced mom in college 'her' a subsitute teacher at a handicapped school in Hawaii. (I was impressed!)

For a schoolteacher irl she had some odd behavior ingame.

She dated minors, sometimes used the foulest language and even asked to see me naked. I thought she meant my character since we could dye our characters skin on Test Sosaria thanks to Hanse placing universal dye tubs near West Brit bank. But no she didn't mean my character.

We parted ways over her 16 year old ingame bf who later told my 16 year old daughter he was really 15.

Other things happened ingame but I best not get into that but was pretty ugly for some underage UOers who ran into her ingame.

Fast forward 3 years and it all made sense when I saw 'her' in Luna tailor shop forced to tell the truth about her job to a guy who just happened to work for the same school system.

[​IMG]

The truth!

It's out there!

:)

25. Jesara

Jesara Guest