1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Posting Here as EA Customer Service Wont Help Me

Discussion in 'UHall' started by outcry, Jun 21, 2012.

1. outcry

outcry Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

ok about 4 days ago I contacted email support to get help with an account that I need to reactivated to refresh one of my houses... Well normally that's an easy thing unless after 15 years you have many accounts etc.. except my hard drives crashed and I lost all my chars names that went with what account, again its not EA's fault I did not back them up another way except what was stored on my computer.. But I have emailed them the email's the account could be under , have given them the credit card last 4 digits , chars name, address, phone number secret word etc ... And I got one reply asking for all this info again AND did I maybe know the account name...........Maybe it was my reply that got me no help but I said IF I Had The Account Name I Would Not Need Your Help........My house now has gone from slightly to fairly and should hit greatly tonight.........I find this lack of support that really makes me want to pack up all my accounts and leave the game.. Mesanna is the only damn person that can get anything done for uo and right now she has her hands full... I really hope to get this fixed before house decays but does not look like it unless Mesanna steps in again ..............

2. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

I find it intriguing that we need to beg EA for permission to allow the players (that pay for accounts) to run the game and fix player problems efficiently.

DJAd likes this.
  3. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Have you tried using their phone support yet? If you are outside of the US/EU you should be able to use Skype to contact them still. Now keep in mind their phone support will probably be like.... What's UO?!? But have some patience with them and work with them and they should get you back online.

My wife had an issue when she came back to the game after a few years and was having issues merging her old account into the current ones we have now(Origin/EA). It may have taken a lengthy phone call as the CS rep had to research how to find UO account :D but they eventually got things sorted out.

So good luck!

Syrus likes this.
  4. outcry

outcry Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The last time it happened I used phone support , over 2 hours on phone and they could not help me.. My problem is I have all the account names, i just lost what house/char belongs to what account...

5. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Possible solution, Hard drives can go in many ways. Some the boot sectors get corrupted so they won't boot up, some others they go completely & do nothing but ping the arm internally. I have, in the past retrieved info off a bad Hard Drive by using a USB 2 to IDE & SATA cable. All you do is connect up your bad HD with this cable to a USB port. If the drive is only Boot corrupted you will be able to look at all the info still on the HD as if it was a secondary drive. The adapter is reasonable @ around $20 & available thru PC Connection, Tiger Direct Etc normally. It's at least possibly a way for you to get the info & acct names you need. Good luck.

Here is a link to some at Tiger Direct
    Search Results for usb to ide sata adapter at TigerDirect.com

6. outcry

outcry Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks that would not work here as I had two harddrives connected so lost it all , but thank you

7. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Sounds to me you´ll have to activate one account at a time until you find the right one...

8. outcry

outcry Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah I am not going to activate 50 accounts to find the right one .. but Mesanna once again step in and has helped me . So I again thank her for the wonderful work she does on our behalf... :bowdown:

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  9. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

That´s good to hear.

10. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

lad it worked out but why didnt you justy log in and read the house sign to find the owner?

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  11. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As the owner of 53 accounts I know it is hard to keep who is who and owns what... May I suguest you keep a paper trail. A simple notebook with the following:

Account Name
    Main shard
    House
    Owner
    Password

This works for me and if I am not home my children know where i keep the book and can trace down anything needed to be done. As for the HD's back in 96 I use to repair them and many can be fixed if the boards just burnt out they can be replaced and the info on the drive can be recovered, now if the disks have been dammaged many times its the first track which is 0 and sometimes can be jumped and data retrieved... it just takes a good recovery expert.

Jade of Sonoma likes this.