1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Buying] Pot of Wax?

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Fink, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Fink

Fink Guest

Can anyone give me information on the large "pot of wax"? How many exist, how much they cost, availability, etc

A friend who knew I was in the market spotted one on Atlantic for 75m, just wondering how you tell if it's legit or a dupe, etc. I'm almost completely new to rares. Thanks.

2. Their is no way to confirm if an item is duped. If you see just "1" on a vendor that you know who is a respectable dealer etc, it may be safe to buy.

they typically sell between 70-90m (and they have been known to be duped)

3. Your Mom

Your Mom Visitor

Excuse me? lol wtf?

for 1. im sure that item Has been duped but it is not an item that has been in mass circulation nor is/has it been on any of the recent dupers lists.

2. where did you see this on ATL?

3. the last one that I personally seen sell was the small pot of wax and it went for 250m, the last large one I seen sell went for 500m

unless im missing something here? maybe it was reintroduced and i just dont know about it? lol

"Typically Sell Between 70-90m" what the hell dude, where have you been shoping and since when are these typically sold?

not to bite ur head off here but if you dont know the price of an item you really shouldnt give bad advice like that, Sorry for being rude tho.

4. Manticore

Manticore Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think you guys meant Pot of caramel selling for 90 mil recently on an Atlantic shard luna vendor. Large pot of wax sells for few times higher than that. One is gold one is white.

5. Starla

Starla Guest

I did saw a pot of wax for sale on atlantic, shortly before transfer was re-activated. But I cannot remember clearly which vendor was it on, it could be on the same vendor that sells a 140 luck Royal Guard Survival Knife for cheap ( like 25% of the value it used to go for =O ).

6. Starla

Starla Guest

And its not on Trey's vendor. Cheers!

7. Starla

Starla Guest

And the pot of wax is a serverbirth, so no one knows how many are in existence now. Its like rubbles, no one knows how many are spawned and are still been kept. It comes in different sizes. You can try asking around to buy one. Hope you find one for your wax museum. ^^

8. Your Mom

Your Mom Visitor

Hey starla, which vendor was selling the Survival knife? I havent seen any of these items around luna on ATL that everyone keeps talking about I mean I know of mine and another vendor selling rares but im not seeing another one not seeing the survival knife or the pot of wax etc?

and Manti, yes that is a much more logical explanation to his response. People should Really read the thread title and the initial post before replying =/ lol

I cant really see how someone could confuse the 2, I mean, "Kettle Of Caramel" Vrs. "Pot Of Wax" 2 different hues and 2 completely different names. oh well I hope we've helped the poster out :)

9. Starla

Starla Guest

Hello Trey. ^^ I have sent you a PM. I saw that shop like 1 month back.

10. Fink

Fink Guest

Yes, thanks everyone :D

I think I'll just keep using my bubbling cauldron (deed) until some Oceanian rares collector decides to make a donation.:coco:

11. First sign of

1) you got an ego
    2) immaturity

Way to state the obvious. Of course it probably has been duped. That doesn't mean the one being sold is duped. And, aren't you the one thats been b*tching about people causing mass grief/accusation over duped items?

Maybe I was wrong but is that a reason to grief me? I have seen one sell for 110m in the last year from a vendor on GL.

12. Your Mom

Your Mom Visitor

13. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Pot of Wax was indeed on the same vendor as the Survival Knife vendor not so long ago. I forget the price but it can't be more than 100M gold. The vendor had quite a few other questionable items. I saw it too, Starla.

14. you have a strange way of apologizing. Maybe it wasn't a 110m but thats the price that came to my mind when this thread came up. It would have had to have been under 100m (I actually didnt' know you couldnt price items above 100m since I've never had a reason to try) Some people make mistakes when they sell stuff. Im one of them. Just don't assume people know off hand what they have and what its worth. Theres plenty of people out there who have true rares who aren't apart of the community nor desire to be.

15. Starla

Starla Guest

Thank you Tomas. Cheers, I am too young to be senile yet ^^