1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Potash vs. Charcoal

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by TullyMars, Oct 26, 2010.

1. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    Making Charcoal - works with the cooking skill so it does the entire stack of wood real quick. SO to make 3000, guessing 2 minutes.

Making Potash - works with Alchemy so it does it 1 by 1 by 1 by 1. Using make max function this works out to about 1.5 to 2 seconds per (don't quote me on that time just a guestimate)...SO to make 3000, guessing at least an hour if not more

Would be nice if more of the alchemy stuff worked the same way as the cooking stuff.

I picked potash for this example because like charcoal it is an ingredient in another product and not really a stand alone sellable product. I would like to see pretty close to all products for alchemy work like the cooking products but I'd imagine it would have to be reviewed on a case by case scenario.
  2. sherkborg

sherkborg Guest

I agree. Even if its just using a whole stack... let it work for a minute who cares. The 1 x 1 method should go away on most things that are produced in bulk