1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Potential Pet AI Changes

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Guest, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

As posted to U.Hall by Leurocian:

<blockquote><hr>

Hello Everyone,

We've been reading over your feedback on the recent Crystal Ball of Pet Summoning changes. Some of you have expressed concerns about Pet AI, and that the crystal ball was heavily relied on due to the inadequacies of the Pet AI.

I believe I have internally improved Pet AI.

Here is how the new AI should behave:

Commands:

Guard – The pet should guard as it does currently.
    Follow – The pet should follow. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked.
    Come – The pet should walk to. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked.
    Kill/Attack – The pet will attack its target as it does currently.
    Stop – The pet will stop attacking. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked, and may wander.
    Stay – The pet will stay where it is currently, and will not attack anything, even if it is attacked.

QA is currently reviewing these changes internally. Once the changes pass internal review, they should appear on a public Test Center for an upcoming publish.

Once these changes are on Test Center, please be sure to send us your feedback on these changes.

Thanks!

Patrick "Leurocian" Malott
    Lead Designer, Ultima Online
    EA Mythic

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa... Kinda shocked - after the crafting improvements (with Wilki), this man needs a raise...

2. simonovsk

simonovsk Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Indeed, nice changes.

Maybe even a bit over the limit, idealy pets should have to pass loyalty tests before resisting the temptation of defending themselves, shouldn't they?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

They did pass a loyality check when they obeyed their handler.

4. Karthcove

Karthcove Guest

How about bringing back the "drop" command [​IMG]

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Drop still works, you just need a bonded pet then say "petname drop" and voila [​IMG]

Wenchy

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmm...since they can't 'Fetch' anymore...what do they Drop?

I miss the Patrol command!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

They drop their original loot (gold, gems, scrolls, regs). Can only be done once and the pet has to have a Single word name.

8. Karthcove

Karthcove Guest

<blockquote><hr>

They drop their original loot (gold, gems, scrolls, regs). Can only be done once and the pet has to have a Single word name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, didn't know I had to wait until bonded! I guess ill forgo the loot on my multi-worded pets [​IMG]

Thanks!

9. <blockquote><hr>

Follow – The pet should follow. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked.
    Come – The pet should walk to. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked.
    Stop – The pet will stop attacking. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked, and may wander.
    Stay – The pet will stay where it is currently, and will not attack anything, even if it is attacked.

[/ QUOTE ]Does that mean my pets won't do anything to prevent getting eaten unless I tell them to? Not so sure I like that idea honestly....
    I'd much rather have one command to make my pets stop fighting, 'stop' would be the obvious choice, and calm their fury long enough for me to call them back and retreat.

10. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

Does that mean my pets won't do anything to prevent getting eaten unless I tell them to?

[/ QUOTE ] Post updated few hours ago
    <blockquote><hr>

Follow – The pet should follow. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (unless it is guarding)
    Come – The pet should walk to. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (unless it is guarding)
    Stay – The pet will stay where it is currently, and will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (unless it is guarding)

[/ QUOTE ]