1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

potential price check on new luck jewelry set?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Czarina, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Czarina

Czarina Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Im torn I have enough points for the luck jewelry but i dont really think its worth it. How much does everyone think the set will sell for compared to just choosing a bunch of alacrity scrolls?

2. Temporary Jeremiah (JSV)

its a nice set to be sure, but hate to loose it since you cant siegebless both pieces

3. archite666

archite666 Guest

very valuble for a luck suit

4. Shakaja

Shakaja Guest

considering its equal to 12 scrolls, out of which you probably get 4 ****ty ones. id rate the the set at a few mil.

i guess comparing the jewelry set to alacrities is more the question if you feel like gambling or not.

5. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So with the new jewelry breaking 3000 luck is pretty doable now ! Almost worth doing a few solo rounds of doom or soloing some peerless just to see the results :)

6. Pathagiris

Pathagiris Always Present

yea, i cant wait to try it out and see what it does

7. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Doom isn't luck based anymore I think it was changed to a numbers game...the more you do the better chance you got.

8. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

Ah i know they changed it a while back i will have to look back over the patch notes TY !!

9. Shakaja

Shakaja Guest

luck still multiplies the chances.

10. Pathagiris

Pathagiris Always Present

im more interested in doing some peerless with them on.

11. Turtle

Turtle Guest

This is all I could find on it, I didn't see anything about luck still being able to effect it. On personal exp it took me about 3-4 loops around to get one to drop without luck. Haven't tried it with luck.

Publish 48b
    Doom Creature Point System - Reduced the number of points each doom boss rewards.

Publish 48
    Killing bosses in Doom will increase your chances of getting an artifact drop:
    Each player character participating against a gauntlet boss or the Dark Father will accumulate artifact reward points.
    The more artifact reward points a player character accumulates, the more likely an artifact will spawn in his/her backpack.
    Player characters who score higher on the Top Attacker list will earn more points. However, everyone in the Top Attackers list that stays the entire duration of the combat (even if slain) will still earn points.

12. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

I think the change is awesome especially for siege now it's a bonus to take more people and even more than one character per person although i doubt other than Peerless there are many pvmers left on Siege?

13. Shakaja

Shakaja Guest

same system as in tokuno. luck wasnt mentioned there neither. however having high luck helps either increasing the dropchance or increasing the points you get for killing something.

14. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Luck wasn't ever mentioned in the runic drops either and I was always given a hard time about that, even yesterday Feyre made me :sad4:
    I really don't trust any of the programming in this game.
    If your really desperate Revvo you can pvm with me anytime :grouphug:

15. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Putting in the Tokuno style points system helped those who had lousy RL luck. Like my husband. He went to doom regularly for over a year on Europa before he got an arti, and then when he did it was the crown of the harrower.:sad3:

16. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

That's why doing Doom on Siege was far superior to prodo as you could control all the variables and two people who know what they are doing can kill DF's as quick if not quicker than ten silly greedy trammies.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!