1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

Powder of Fortification

Discussion in 'UHall' started by EnigmaMaitreya, May 21, 2008.

  1. EnigmaMaitreya

    EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    3,402
    Likes Received:
    0
    Does this some how get used to some how make an item more fortified?

    I assume fortified means that the Hit Points on the item are increased.

    If so how does one use this Powder of Fortification.

    Are there special requirements to use it?
     
  2. Kurare

    Kurare Guest

    Just double click it and click on the item you wish to enhance. No requirements to use it, and it raises the durability on the selected item by ten points.
     
  3. Kurgan

    Kurgan Guest

    Yes, by 10 points, to a max of 255. Normally....
     
  4. EnigmaMaitreya

    EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    3,402
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can I apply multiple powders to the same item, as long as it wouldn't exceed 255?
     
  5. yes
     
  6. Azureal

    Azureal Guest

    No.







    Just kidding.
    Yes.
     
  7. dielock

    dielock Guest

    Maybe????
     
  8. Short and sweet:

    PoF increases any item's durability (with a few exceptions) by ten -- no chance check, it works each time.

    You cannot have more than 255, so you'll lose the overflow points when you apply it to an item with, say, 250.

    You get them as blacksmithy awards. For higher-end Large armor BODs.
     
  9. Theo_GL

    Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2003
    Messages:
    6,408
    Likes Received:
    681
    Please man - stop talking if you don't know what you are talking about.

    Most of the Bods for PoF are SINGLE bods.

    DC 10/15 EX (20% chance)
    DC 20 EX, Shadow 10/15 EX (90% chance)

    Gold 20 Nm, Aggy 10/15 MN (90% chance)

    Those are the most commonly filled. For more information go to ToR (Tower of Roses) for all the reward charts.

    http://www.towerofroses.de/bods-srw.htm

    Higher End Large Armor bods? Uh, no no and no.
     
  10. Setnaffa

    Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    1,537
    Likes Received:
    0
    Actually they are kind of lower-end BODs. Any Dull Copper Exceptional 20-piece sBOD will get you one. Also any Shadows Exceptional 10/15-piece sBOD will get you one. I also use the 20-piece normal Gold ones and the 10/15 normal Agapite singles, Ringmail, and chain sBODs.
     
  11. Theo_GL

    Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2003
    Messages:
    6,408
    Likes Received:
    681
    HA - beat you to it.

    My favorites are the DC 10/15 EX ones. Yes, its only 20% chance but most people will toss or sell them for cheap. The ingots are pretty easy to come by as well vs gold/aggy.

    The gold 10/15 nm and bronze 20nm also give 20% chance but I rarely do those b/c of ingot costs.
     
  12. Lord Richard

    Lord Richard Guest

    Glad someone finally got this straight....'tis better to get POF on any of these bods than to fill the large just to get a dc hammer, +10 ash or something less useful.
     
  13. Basara

    Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2003
    Messages:
    8,464
    Likes Received:
    587
    The only DC & Shadow Iron larges I fill for the 10% chance of a colored anvil (unless I need to do the 20 Ex plate shadow for a 120 BOD for someone), unless I got spare ingots left over (in which case I have 1 each of the normal shadow ringmail sets that give 90% powder, and the shadow larges that give Bronze hammers, set aside for just such an occurance). OF course, with the BOD changes and the mining changes, that's not happened in a year.

    All other exceptional smalls of those types, up to 15 EX Shadow, get filled for powder. the 20 Ex shadow get sold or tossed to ground, as do the larges I don't need.
     
  14. Demonous

    Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2006
    Messages:
    2,218
    Likes Received:
    49
    i miss getting 200k a can for my powder, now im down to 65k
     
  15. K'torr

    K'torr Guest

    Also, each POF has 10 uses. So an item can have its durability upped by 100. Or you can split the uses up amongst several items.
     
  16. It never should have gotten to 200k to begin with. I'd rather go mining for ingots than pay 200k for something that has been in the 60k range for years, especially considering how easy it is to get powder bods now.

    The previously ridiculously high price is yet another thing we can blame on the scripters.

    Oh and btw.....I sell them for 45k, and the average going rate right now is 50-60k. I see quite a bit with prices at 100k and above, but also see that same powder sitting on those vendors while I, and others with reasonable prices, sell it as fast as we can stock it on our vendors.
     
  17. Demonous

    Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2006
    Messages:
    2,218
    Likes Received:
    49
    i have about 600 small bods that each give a 90% chance of giving powder to fill :(
     
  18. I accidentally put a powder of fortification next to the garlic salt. Man that was the worst tasting marinara sauce ever!

    It did fix all my cavities though...
     
  19. DVI

    DVI Guest

    I still get 200k per can of POF, and sell it reguarly, as well as 600k per cbd!

    =p
     
  20. Theo_GL

    Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2003
    Messages:
    6,408
    Likes Received:
    681
    Yes, the scripters are to blame for the housing collapse, high oil prices and global warming.

    Seriously Connor move along. You have no idea what you are talking about.

    How could someone scripting a.k.a generating more of an item than humanly possible RAISE the price of something? If anything scripting has lower the prices of items.

    Since the scripters for ingots got whacked - the prices of ingots shot through the roof.

    The reason PoF prices have some down is that the devs CHANGED THE WAY BODS ARE DISTRIBUTED. Since you get more colored and more EX bods now - you have higher chance of getting bods for PoF.

    Add in the runic changes and more people are out doing bods again so the flow of PoF has increased.

    Scripters had NOTHING to do with the prices as high as they were. Even with scripting the supply was low b/c people in general were not doing bods.

    Sometimes Connor you make no sense. Google supply and demand. Increased supply (scripting) makes prices go DOWN. K thx.

    For the record - I sell at 89k on GL. It is always in stock at my vendor because I have a book of 300 PoF bods ready to fill so as fast as it sells I replentish. I stock 8-10 at a time and they never last more than a week.
     
  21. "Seriously Connor move along. You have no idea what you are talking about."

    No, that would be you, as you've failed to think things through. Really, instead of acting glib, maybe you should ask the simple question of "Why?".



    "How could someone scripting a.k.a generating more of an item than humanly possible RAISE the price of something?"

    Simple. By driving the people that used to do the mining legitimately away from it and out of the game. Then when the biggest scripter of all goes away, those people that used to add to the market are no longer around to do so, thus we have a shortage of the supply, and prices go up.

    See, now if you'd asked "Why", you'd have gotten a simple explanation instead of hearing my smart a$$ comments.


    Some folks will never learn...


    "If anything scripting has lower the prices of items."

    Uh yeah. That's why powder went from 60k to 200k in price........


    "The reason PoF prices have some down is that the devs CHANGED THE WAY BODS ARE DISTRIBUTED."

    I believe I said that.

    *checks*

    Yep. Sure did. Why are you making an issue out of something we obviously agree on?


    "Scripters had NOTHING to do with the prices as high as they were."

    I've already gone over this....


    "Even with scripting the supply was low"

    Yeah, that's why that one vendor had millions of ingots stocked daily, and on almost every shard.

    Yep. That's sure a low supply there.....


    "b/c people in general were not doing bods."

    Uh, that would be the demand, not the supply....


    "Sometimes Connor you make no sense."

    I make a lot of sense....


    To people that actually take the time to think things through, and failing that, ask that age old question....."Why?".


    "For the record - I sell at 89k on GL."

    For the record - The price on GL has nothing to do with the price on Pacific, which is where I was quoting pricing from.