1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Power scrolls not dropping correctly?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nystul, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I just did a few spawns with my guild. Our protector received 6 scrolls each one, but we only received 3-4 a spawn. We even had ONE person kill Rikktor & Baracoon and he only received 4. Is this intended?

2. Uthar Pendragon

Uthar Pendragon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

How many sot's were received? my uneducated guess would be that would account for missing scrolls.

3. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

But that's not in the patch notes from what I saw. Unless I overlooked it.

4. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

He's most likely a Follower of Justice. If he's knight of justice then have everyone drop protection and relog. That should fix it.

5. Sakkarah_

Sakkarah_ VIP
    VIP Stratics Veteran

It's not intended. I have just tested this and am unable to reproduce it. Any more details you can share?

6. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Just happened 3 more times.

Will be doing another within the next few minutes if you wish to log on and watch if you are able.

We have one player protecting, one player hitting, and one character discording. Our discorder does not have meditation or eval so he don't do nothing but stand there. We even protected the discorder just to double check.

Also rikktor is now teleporting. :X

7. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The protector is getting 6.

He is a knight.

The person KILLING the champ is only getting 3-4. No other single person is hitting the champ.

Doing things the same way as we have been for years.

8. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

What class did you use to kill Rikktor :p?

I haven't had a chance to test it... but maybe it has to be done with one person, without insta kill? and who knows.. maybe SOT really does conflict with the scrolls (say if the killer got 2-3 SoT scrolls)

9. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Are any replicas dropping? Possibly in place of scrolls. Always depends on whether they are counting the possibility of replicas as placeholders for scrolls and the max number of 6 is forcing the numbers you are seeing. Of course one can only guess as to coding that isn't in front of you.

You using a pet or melee to kill the boss'?

10. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Just did another baracoon. This time with two players hitting it. I received 2 scrolls, the other player 3 scrolls. Protector once again had 6 scrolls. No pets used, no deaths, nothing our of the normal.

We killed rikktor with an archer one. Then again with with just a dexer.

11. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

One oak leaf. 2 Krysses. One slime statue thing.

We're still missing scrolls even on the spawns we get no other special reward.

The new pink scrolls don't show any link to the amout of scrolls missing. We had 8 of them this last spawn.

12. Multani

Multani Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

What happens is the people that worked the spawn even if they do not hit the Champion will get atleast one scroll, I guess it has to do with the replica system overlapping with the powerscroll drop and messing it up.

13. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

This just happened to us. We had about 5 people hitting the Barracoon, only 5 scrolls.

14. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Just happened again to us.

:(

15. Sakkarah_

Sakkarah_ VIP
    VIP Stratics Veteran

We're looking into it

16. Sakkarah_

Sakkarah_ VIP
    VIP Stratics Veteran

If you could also let me know how many SoTs and 105s you got during the spawn vs how many scrolls the attackers got, that would be appreciated.

17. kentuckyjoe

kentuckyjoe Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Regine, I have spent over 3 hours total in Destard Fel working the Reptile spawns up too the 3rd level and then leaving. In total, I have received 5 105 scrolls and 0 SoT's.

Doing the Ilshenar champs, I have completed 5-6 of them total and have received 0 SoT's.

Before the publish, I could go to Destard and in the time it takes for a necro mage to work the spawn to level 3 solo, I would almost always have 5-8 105 scrolls.

Also, my guild did 3 champs in Fel yesterday and they reported getting all the protector scrolls but coming up 1-2 short on the scrolls for killing the champ each time.

18. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This also happened to us, and even chars that did not kill the champ/protect and just killed the normal spawn were getting power scrolls, even 115s and 120s.

19. chad

chad Sage
    Stratics Veteran

There was a screw up when they implemented replicas. Now, when you work a spawn you have a chance to get a scroll no matter what even if you do not attack the champ. A friend of mine worked despise all the way until right before fourth, was raided and lost the spawn. He stayed in the dungeon trying to fight them off, but they killed the baracoon and he had not done any damage to it. He still received a 20 fencing.

20. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yup.

We had a player there not even attacking the champion receiving the scroll.

It's a error tied into working the spawn.

They owe me like 30 120 magerys probably! hah.

21. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

We just finished a spawn. There were 6 people hitting the champion and one protector (me). Five people ended up with scrolls, one person got two, and I got all 6 protection scrolls. The person who did not get a scroll did get looting rights, so they should have gotten one.

22. cucujanu

cucujanu Guest

i think it should stay this way. at last people have the chance to get a 120 scroll when they worked the spawn and get raided on the end.
    is more then fair. like it..

23. chad

chad Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It ruins champ spawns.

24. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

But what about when a RED works the spawn, and the protector works it, and they complete it successfully but don't want them to get the scrolls because then they lose scrolls because of protecting.

A red player today helped work our spawn. 2 scrolls came up missing.

I had 4 scrolls.
    The red had 1 scroll. (Didn't touch champ but worked spawn)
    Protector had 5 scrolls (4 from protecting me, one from themself for working the spawn)

We lost two scrolls because they wern't all going to the person who damaged the champ, and thus could not be protected.

If we wanted to not be able to get max scrolls like this we would simple let our red hit the champ. But why would we when noone is bothering us.