1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Powering up Spellweaving focus

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ox_AO, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Ox_AO

Ox_AO Adventurer

I've asked this twice of Massana first time over three years ago. Both times she said, " yeah we will fix that"

You're standing at the bank for freaking hours sometimes not playing the game just standing there at the bank waiting for others to show up to get a focus. As soon as someone does show up they show up as a group hit the button and walk off right away.

If you're not in that circle for any reason at all when that button is pushed or if you're the one to many standing on the circle your going to have to wait again for another group to show up.

I don't even ask anymore if they would step back on the circle because they will not move they know they will have to stand there again if there isn't five people on that circle.

I really don't know how others do this but it is extremely annoying.

#1 Ox_AO, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  2. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

I agree its a hassle, but until they "fix" it... one trick I heard of someone using is;
    Use a soulstone to stone off your spellweaving. Grab 4 trial accounts or some non spellweaving friends to stand on it.
    You get your lvl 6 focus at zero skill, then just stone back on spellweaving.
    Still a hassle, but better then not getting one at all.

Acid Rain and Ox_AO like this.
  3. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

there is a guy on cats that has enough toons he can do his own 9 hr lvl 6 focus...I just tag along when ever he shouts out in gen chat

4. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

On Atlantic its not that hard to get a lvl 6 skilled focus. Just yesterday I asked in Help Chat and had a skilled 6 in 5-7 mins.
    As Giggles suggested, soulstones can be a huge help & I've use them many times to do exactly what he mentions. Good call Giggles :thumbup:.
    Help Chat on Atlantic is full of (mostly) super awesome folks always willing to help out even w/ a no skill focus :)

Silentfury and Giggles like this.
  5. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

You shouldn't have to stone off a skill and then get multiple trial accounts to go to the bank in order to get a focus. That's crazy ******** and certaintly not a suitable long term solution.

Even on Atlantic, it's not all that easy. Maybe during heavy play hours, but that's really it. Otherwise you're still sitting there for quite a bit of time, shouting out in gen chat, and lucky if you get 2 people to show up relatively quickly.

There's gotta be a better way. They need to do something about this so that either you need less people, or you could 'hire' some NPC wandering weaver person to stand on the circle with you.

Dot_Warner, Tanivar and Shady Ghost like this.
  6. Ox_AO

Ox_AO Adventurer

I gave suggestions which to me sounded rather easy.

1. If power less then your focus then don't refresh the crystal. Others will be willing to help and people can leave their characters on the cycle if they wanted.)
    That is maybe the most important and easiest fix.

2. Vending machine or clicky thing that creates crystals equal to the focus that was last made. Or it could be a special box that you put crystals in to help others or even sell them on a vendor. Stores six crystals max.

3. Some suggest to tick time off when you're logged in only.

Others say allow them to last a week. There are lots of ideas that could help.
    Of course remove the over max number of people bug. that one is annoying. You think you got the focus but you realize there is a problem only when you need the skill.

#6 Ox_AO, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    Dot_Warner and Tanivar like this.
  7. TimberWolf

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Um HE...is a she and quite the cutie...just sayin

Giggles likes this.
  8. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

Pics or it didn't happen, just sayin . . .

9. Giggles

Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

*blush*

10. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

Rule #1 of UO - All persons are male until definitively proven otherwise beyond a shadow of doubt.;)

Justification: Functioning under this assumption is optimal to insure a minimal :eek:surprise factor in online games.
    No offense meant to those actual female players. That said....
    PM ASAP for conformation:p

chester rockwell likes this.
  11. Giggles

Its the internet...
    The men are men,
    The women are men,
    And the children are FBI agents.

12. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

What, the interwebs are full of G.I.R.L.s?! The hell you say!

(Guys In Real Life)

whiterabbit and Acid Rain like this.
  13. TimberWolf

Stratics Veteran Alumni

Having actually spoken to Gigs and seen a picture I feel secure in my insistence that she is definitely a lady! And yes I mean Lady...only a Lady can stand over your corpse and giggle at you and make you enjoy dying! :) * for the record though...she has a vocab that can make this old Soldier blush* :)

drcossack and Giggles like this.
  14. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

At Legends, I always help with my four weavers whenever I can, but I am only on during weekends, so that is not very helpful for the week crowd.
    I am considering getting a spare machine to leave 4 instances of UO running back home, with my weavers afak at Tram brit bank while I am at work, so people will just have to hop on and cast at Legends, but that will take a while, if it happens at all

A better, in-game solution for this problem would be preferable indeed.

Regarding the whole G.I.R.L. debate, remember that no man can hinder the Witch-king of Angmar, Lord of the Nazgûl, but Éowyn, shiledmaiden of Rohan is no man. :p

15. Giggles

LOL!!! :heart:

I don't know what you are talking about sir! I only cuss on Tuesdays. *giggles*

16. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

I often use soul stones to transfer on or off weaving.
    It is much easier to ask in Chat for 4 folks to come help without skill so you get your 6 then soul stone weaving back on.
    Hopefully you have 4 players on your shard willing to give 5 mins of their time to help others :)

Yes, it can be a pain for weavers to get a focus but I also understand that it supports community interaction.

(Put your shard in your profile @Giggles so folks so inclined can come visit and see just who Giggles :devil: )

Giggles likes this.
  17. Giggles

GL, Atl, Pacific, Sonoma, Legends, Lake Superior, Baja, Yamato, Chessy, and about 5 others I can't remember atm.
    Running around killing random people since 2001! I make my character names all different. Love the pvp, hate the drama! Perhaps I have already Giggled over your corpse too =)
    My husband is having a hard time keeping up with all the servers I play. For now hes has resigned to making suits lol.
    Hope to see ya in the field :lick:.

18. Great DC

Great DC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have returned to post on stratics. All I need is five more to make a more powerful post crystal. Haha
    I used to pvp with someone named giggles, it was a good time. :D

Giggles likes this.
  19. TimberWolf

Stratics Veteran Alumni

you better add catskills to that list woman...or there will be hell to pay! :)

20. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

And having also been in vent with her, it is funny when she does. She was also one of the few people in this game (when I fought her...or tried to ;)) that could make me go "OH ****, RUN!" the second I saw her deathstriker on my screen, but 10/10 times, she'd STILL kill me. :)

Giggles likes this.
  21. TimberWolf

Stratics Veteran Alumni

to go back to the subject of spell weaving focuses, I dont think we need to change anything. There are some very powerful spells there...the hassle of getting a focus is there for a reason, it provides balance!

Acid Rain likes this.
  22. StealYourFace

StealYourFace Journeyman

It's easy to say nothing needs to be changed if you play on a shard where you can get a level 6 in 1/2 an hour of spamming chat. I play on Napa and there are days you can't get a level 6 at all.

23. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

eh, idk. I haven't pvp'd with it (was never sure how to fit it on my temp and fit Resist), but Arcane Empowerment/Reaper Form were my go-to spells when I pvm'd (in an SDI suit) - I'd get to 160 SDI at my max (With a Scrapper's, mostly used this for Word of Death) & my damage output was ridiculous. With a Fallen Mystic's book, I'd hit 145 SDI & do a crapload of damage to Melisande, Oaks, etc. With just a Slayer book, I was capable of killing a normal Dragon in two uses of Hailstorm (SW Myst Mage), and was even capable of soloing Rikktor (although that'd still take forever, since I knew I would run out of mana frequently)

I eventually dropped Weaving because of getting the focus - yeah, I could do non-skilled, but even that's a pain in the ass.

24. TimberWolf

Stratics Veteran Alumni

But again...that is a choice, on a small quiet shard being able to do 600+ pts of damage at will is a little over powering in my opinion. There are ways to do it...but again that is a sacrifice....as it should be! But hey everyone is entitled to their opinion!

Acid Rain likes this.
  25. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

They're adding NPCs you can rent to boost the circle level.

Confirmed.

/Thread.

26. WootSauce

WootSauce Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

{{Citation needed}}

drcossack likes this.
  27. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

Who 'confirmed' this? Very eager to hear.

28. Ox_AO

Ox_AO Adventurer

don't forget to add Semidar gave us a lot more women characters that are men.

Giggles likes this.
  29. TimberWolf

Stratics Veteran Alumni

really??? all she gave me was herpes!

drcossack likes this.
  30. Ox_AO

Ox_AO Adventurer

At least you don't turn into a rat