1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Powerscrolls - Not getting any 120s!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by von Beck, Aug 26, 2008.

1. von Beck

von Beck Guest

I just reactivated my UO account a month or so ago after a 6 year break. Guess what, I want lots of powerscrolls to get my characters up to speed again!

But out of the last three (3) spawns I've done I got 18 scrolls (via Justice) and only three were 115's and none were 120's. Is this normal or is it just bad luck?

Thanks!

PS: Wish I'd been around before they buffed the champions, then I might have had a better chance to get the scrolls I need.

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

http://guide.uo.com/skill_1002.html

Scroll type chance:
    80% chance to get a 110 scroll
    15% chance to get a 115 scroll
    5% chance to get a 120 scroll

Odds of getting 0 120s out of 18 scrolls: 39.7%
    conclusion: unfortunate, but not unusual

3. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you just have to do more than three spawns. I know my guild did like 12 spawns in a row with no 20s. But then all of a sudden we started getting them and they were good ones.

Just gotta keep it up.

4. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Was at a spawn with my thief not long back and popped the protectors pack after coon fell...guy had 3 120's in there and a couple 110's so they are obviously still spawning.

5. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

This is out of date, chance to get a 120 is higher now. They changed it a couple years ago. It is like 20% or something. The exact statistics are in a Five on Friday somewhere.

6. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Are you sure? I might have missed one, but this is where I last see odds mentioned: http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday44.html

7. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

It got boosted after that.

8. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

9. JC the Builder

Stratics Veteran

It was posted somewhere. Perhaps on Stratics, which means it is lost.

10. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Im not saying your def wrong here, but i suspect your misinformed. Ive been doing around 5 or 6 spawns a week for around 2 years now and ive only ever had 3 120's. Yes i mostly do rats, but 1 in 4 is a dragon. I never spawn with over 5 people and often only have myself attacking the champ with help from the others just healing my pet. It cant possibly be as high as 20%. Id say its even lower then 5%.

11. SAVATAGE

SAVATAGE Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

No 20% seems about right. 10 spawns today 6 120s... I have noticed certain people get less 120s when protecting than others. I have no idea if there character is bugged or whats happening. Maybe try another protector character.

12. Mechanic

Mechanic Guest

Maybe the change was coming out in a publish that got pushed back and subsequently got lost.

13. Sir Stain

Sir Stain Guest

You are back from not playing for six years. Are you going to be disappointed?

14. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

It would seem the more spawn you clear before dropping the boss, the more 120's you get....

15. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The drop rate has definitely been bumped up, but there are "dry streaks" as well where nothing but 110's drop. Then you might hit a hot streak and get 3-4 in one drop. And as always, you rely on the RNG ...