1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Practical Sampire

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Scoobs, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Scoobs

Scoobs Guest

I have just finished training necro and have replaced healing on my toon. I have what the other threads term 'the affordable suit'.

My question is really geared towards what you guys do when you are actually fighing the creatures.

On my previous template, (ie with healing), I would honor and cast enemy of one (when facing one enemy) and then prep lightning strike, and basically spam LS whilst constantly applying bandages.

I didnt use potions or other one use items. When in trouble, I would just run away and wait for the bandage to work.

I could just about take on the revised Swoop (say 5 out of 6 times) with a bird slayer talisman.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ps. I have been playing UO for a long time but only about 2 hours a week so pls be patient.

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Sampy works pretty much the same way. Honor, EOO, Consecrate, LS, LS, LS, etc. The difference is in the survivability: as long as you're doing damage, you'll find it much easier to stay alive in vamp form.

I also use the whirlwind special a lot, if you happen to be a swordsman. Makes getting trav keys a yawn and keeps the lich lords/rotting corpses at bay in Doom.

3. The big difference with a Sampire is that you wouldn't run away. You'd cast Evasion and continue to hit. Not saying there isn't a point where it's prudent to run, just that it's not a good idea in most circumstances. You heal by hitting, and if you're running, you're not getting those hits in.

You might also start getting used to using pots. They're not necessary, but they can mean the difference between success and failure when going up against the big boys.

4. Scoobs

Scoobs Guest

Thanks for the replies.

I guess I was hoping that I was missing something. I suspect some of my difficulties are stemming from the balance of my suit.

What is the standard level of DI for this build? I think have about +50%.

5. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The more damage you do, the more you heal yourself, the longer you live.

DI needs to be at, or as close as you can get, to 100.

6. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Definitely need the sum of your weapon, armor, and talisman's DI to approach or equal 100.

What is your max stamina? Can you share your weapon and it's mods? If you have time, a list of your full suit would be great.

This may help us give you some additional tips or diagnosis any problems before you "experience" them via death robes. :)

-OBSIDIAN-