1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Prayers For baby Gavin

Discussion in 'UO Lake Superior' started by Fraggles, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Fraggles

Fraggles Guest

Many of you know me as Mokey Fraggle, Luna or Venus. My 2 year old son, Gavin, will be having open heart surgery in Boston on June 22. He was born with a congenital heart defect and has had a long road of surgeries and procedures. We are finally at the last big surgery for our little guy.Today was the first day of tests that included an EKG,xrays,bloodwork and ultrasound and tomorrow he will have ct scan,and Echo. He is doing well so far, but like most of us, he is not a big fan of the hospital. I will keep everyone updated here unless someone has a better place to post this. I have many friends in the UO community and I thought this would be the best way to keep everyone updated. We appreciate everyones prayers and support while we travel through this difficult time.
    Thank you,
    Mokey Fraggle

2. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Many prayers with you and your family for a full and speedy recovery.

3. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yeah Luna, like I told you in ICQ, its gonna be ok. We (Tia and I) are thinking about you.

4. J.B.

J.B. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

My thoughts are with you and the little guy, and may he have a speedy recovery.

5. Unicorn9999

Unicorn9999 Guest

My prayers are with you and your family

6. Good luck and God bless Gavin and your family.

7. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

Oh many many many prayers with you R., Mac and specially the little Gavin.

8. Fraggles

Fraggles Guest

thank you everyone for your prayers. day 2 of tests went well although there are still some concerns over a diaphragm issue but they wont know the extent until they get into surgery and they will decide what to do then. No hospital visit today so we are going to go out and enjoy boston!

9. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

Prayers for you both, his health and your strength!

10. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

More positive thoughts coming your way :)

11. Bman

Bman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Positive thoughts coming your way and hopes of a speedy recovery for the little man..!

12. Fraggles

Fraggles Guest

we met with the surgean today. surgery is set for 12 tomorrow. The surgery will take about 5hrs and he will be on heart bypass for about 1 1/2 hrs. all tests look good as far as how the heart is doing for the surgery and they dont expect any surprises other then the diophram, they still are unsure of why its elevated on the right side and they will most likely have to staple the diophram down because for some reason it has moved up and is compressing his right lung but the are hopful they will be able to fix that at the same time they do the surgery. this is a link to what is heart condition is http://www.childrenshospital.org/az/Site508/mainpageS508P0.html

so tomorrow is the day to pray! i will post a update after the surgery thank you everyone for your support!