1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

"Pre-chest loot"

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Evilminion, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Evilminion

Evilminion Guest

My apologies if this has already been asked, but I can't seem to find the info anywhere. And I'm not a fisherman... um, fisherwoman... fishertoon... whatever. :)

What exactly IS "SoS/MiB Pre-Chest Loot"? I'm sorting my stuff, and I'd like to know if I have any. 'Cause I'm a hopeless picker-up of stuff left lying around at the bank; there could be ANY damn thing in there. :D

Thanks in advance for any info!

2. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I'm going to make a guess that this would include but not be limited to fished up boots, shoes, barrels, seashells, pillows, paintings etc

Anyone know for sure?

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

that would be my thoughts also

4. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Well im at work (yay work) so I can't test on Origin, which is my main shard. I'll check when I get home.

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

pre-chest loot will be tagged "recovered from a shipwreck"

you'll want to think twice about turning in older shipwreck loot... some collectors enjoy pre-pub 16 items where the (for instance) "A Painting Recovered from a Shipwreck" is all on the first line in yellow

6. Evilminion

Evilminion Guest

Ah! Thank you so very much, all. :) Guess that explains why I've been having trouble finding a vendor to sell me pillows for my new house deco! Everyone must have snapped 'em up as soon as the details of the publish were announced, heh.

I think I've got a sack of paintings somewhere, yay!

7. miss uo

miss uo Guest

your right!! There are a number of items all labeled as "Recovered from a Shipwreck"........
    there's globes, candelabras, boots, shoes, paintings, pillows, a variety of shells, bones, body parts.

8. BINGO recovered from a shipwreck
    you win 250 points.

9. miss uo

miss uo Guest

Yep, forgot to add info on the pre-patched loot.

10. Heh. Sure. That's what it is.

Next time your fishing and pull up beer cans, license plates, discarded rubbers, etc.... it aint garbage. It's "pre-chest loot."

11. Evilminion

Evilminion Guest

Personally, I would think that pre-chest loot would be FISH, wouldn't it? :)

12. Ah yes, I was turning in a ton of fishing loot when the collector rudely handed back "A Pillow Recovered From A Shipwreck". I found this unacceptable considering he was greedily snatching my other pillows practically from my hands! I tried again, he would not take that one particular pillow. Hmmph!

13. Evilminion

Evilminion Guest

This does leave one with the question... what is he doing with all those pillows?

My preference? The first annual...

ALL-SOSARIA GRAND PILLOW BATTLE!

Hey, a girl can hope... :D

14. Ferrut

Ferrut Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I wonder if you can turn the chests themselves in, as they also say "recovered from a shipwreck"? Having said that, they are also not really "pre-chest loot", for obvious reasons!!

15. Azureal

Azureal Guest

I had wondered this as well, and have kept all of mine lately just incase. Im guessing its the tagging of the itme that allows the turn in, so Im willing to bet it may just work.

16. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yes, you can turn in the chests too.

17. Hunter Moon

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well it in a way it is good you can't accidentally turn in the old PrePatched fishing loot, but if someone actually wanted to, it sort of sucks for them. I am sure it will create some confusion for those that don't pay attention to that sort of thing and happen to have some of those items they wish to turn in ;)

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

18. Conrad99

Conrad99 Guest

As I was preparing for the turn in, I found a bunch of pre pub 16 paintings. Large and small.

What is the going rate for these?

19. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Ive got a few of them as well, and having noticed people start claiming them to be "rares" I was expecting posts like this.

There is no set price to what an unsuspecting buyer will pay, and as far as pricing is concerned, go enquire on the Rares forum.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!