1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Presidents Day?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Bennos Morales, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Does anyone even care? Just men elected by the governing body known as the United States of America. As of late the Presidency has become quite a spectacle, almost to a point of comic routine...but, it is not a comic routine, nor a spectacle. Happy Presidents day for all of you Presidents! No pancakes, just *salutes* and *ass kissing* for that seems to be the American Way now.

HEEEEHAWWWWHEEEEHAWWWWW! :D

2. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

We used to have Washington's and Lincoln's Birthdays until they need to give Martin Luther King a day. I'm surprised they didn't rename today to Barry O Day.

3. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

It's a Hallmark holiday and a reason for School Districts to save some money as well as the Postal Service. Don't forget the car dealers. This is their biggest sale day of the year. There is no observation of this holiday in any other respect.

I worked today. And, two friends of mine who work for banks still worked. So, if you're employer was closed due to President's Day, in today's economy, I'd start sending out resumes and networking.. they're really cutting costs when they close for President's Day. Walk off the job and fill out an app at Dunkin Donuts if they declare Arbor Day a company observed holiday next. ;)

4. Daleth

Daleth Guest

Hell the Post Office is throwing around the idea of only delivering mail 5 days a week, but still having all the "nominal" holidays off also. What I want to know will the staff still earn their 6 days a week wage?

5. So it is true, nobody cares about the Presidents. As long as the mail isn't disrupted in your locale...pfft.

*starts digging for Ronald Reagan*

6. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Way back in the day ... when I was in elementary school we did not even have a *Presidents Day*. Nope we had Lincoln's day...and George Washington's day..with the latter being a day off from school. It used to be fun back then...teachers giving us pennies and tales of Lincoln and even building a *lincoln log cabin* with Lincoln Logs....and cherry pies and paper hatchets for George Washington Day.................even our school and a local bank teaming up together so every one of us could bank George Washington in our kiddy bank accts which the school and bank together put up in our school library. . with real bank acct. books. We were taught to SAVE those George Washingtons in first grade...also told to never tell a lie.

Both were fun holidays ......back in the day celebrated separately..now..blurred and blended together almost as irrelavant compared to what those two days were once before.

Meh........time marches on.............some things just so nullified as to blurred unimportance nowadays..or eliminated to be more *politically correct* or obliterated entirely as ...........politically incorrect ...can not have a bunny showing at easter someone gripes it is some symbol of Christianity..when in reality the rabbit is a spring pagan fertility symbol. :)

*goes off to bank a George Washington, bake a cherry pie...and have a Lincoln penny toss* :)

7. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Regarding the US MAIL... I am now actually USING IT to send my kids *real notes* in the US MAIL often with envelopes which I scrawl 'support your historic local US POSTAL SERVICE and our employees...mail ur kids a REAL note with real stamps not emails.' :)

It makes our mailpersons, whom deliver our mail to our home..or take outgoing mail from us.. smile at least.

8. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

You're still alive? ;)

The mail is just a source of communication for those who haven't already gone completely paperless. I have been completely paperless since 2003. I have a Blackberry, email and VoIP. Only thing that gets delivered to me are the weekly grocery store ads.

As for President's Day. No need for it. Its just another excuse for government employees to take the day off. Anybody doing relatively well in today's economy knows there is no such thing as 9-5/M-F anymore.

9. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

Though the mail is how I'm paid. Even if I send the bills though email and the customer send check though online banking. The banks still send me paper checks. Some times there can be 5 or 6 checks in one envelope if the banks use the same service for their online banking.

10. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Yes I am still alive for my *old age* and if I have my one grandmother's genes I may last another 30 yrs. yet before I rl dirtnap...or...less !

I am glad you and others are completely paperless. I renewed my driver license *online* thus...if I were blind as a bat they no longer check folks over 40 to see if WE CAN SEE when we renew our licenses...paperless renewal no DMV to go visit...the wonders huh ?? So if some old foggie smacks you on the free way blind as a bat you can thank ...cyber paperless society for ..............press one if you wish to renew..press 2 if you wish to do this online............press three if you remotely wish to speak to a human being about your billing errors in a *paperless world where even the President gets his blackberry hacked into.............* go paperless folks !

I do both paper and paperless to keep folks employed like my mailpeeps and I...prefer it that way...cuz whenever the time comes I want my kin to get a PAPER death certificate not some ......paperless crap that may or may not remain *online*... sayin I finally expired from this dorky world. :)

11. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

In Arizona the driver's license you're issued at 16 is valid until you're 65. :scholar:

12. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

We have to renew them every 4 yrs. here in Mississippi, course now with cyberDMV they no longer see if we can SEE when they renew ours. :)

I guess I found that really weird cuz while not yet old enough for medicare or any of that...just struck me funny..that the older we get ...now with cyberDMV they do not even have, to have us come in there to see IF we can see as we age. Just WEIRD...guess they figure IF one can see their computer they are fit to see on the highways here..online renewals now, which is how I renewed mine this go round...online.