1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Price alert services for Amazon products

Discussion in 'UHall' started by G.v.P, Jul 21, 2014.

1. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 11, 2004
    Might be less of a UHALL and more of a different sub forum thread, but wanted to pass along a site that is great for tracking Amazon prices. I use this site for everything. For example, today I received an E-Mail alert that the processor I currently use (and plan to buy again for a second, future product), which is on sale for $159.99:

Using this site you can find out the lowest price of anything Amazon sells, from books to cds, to peripherals. What you do is copy the part of the address following the /dp/:

Then you paste it in the Camel search section:

For example, let's say you wanted to buy UO Samurai Empire ($7.88) because you wanted to read the Haiku by George P. on the back of the CD jewel case (for those who still don't know G.v.P are my initials ;P):

According to Camel, this product was lowest at $7.63 on June 8, 2012, and not offered directly through Amazon since March 9, 2013, theoretically. Therefore, $7.88 for a G.v.P poem is pretty good ;).

By the way, I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I ended up getting the "Official Strategy Guide" from a Goodwill for $1 last year. I didn't expect to find UO stuff at a thrift store, but you never know what you'll find.
    Uvtha and azmodanb like this.
  2. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jun 3, 2004