1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Price changes?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by afreespirit, Apr 5, 2008.

1. afreespirit

afreespirit Guest

I just logged on to collect some smithing and tailoring BODs and got quite a shock. The prices on the NPC vendors were outrageous. 153 gp for a buckler? 180 for a bronze shield? Skullcaps for 21gp?

This was in Britain fel on Catskills. And it was all the NPC weaponsmiths and armorers and tailors. I went over to Vesper and found the prices there were in the normal range.

Any other shards having this issue?
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Could it just be high faction taxes there?
  3. afreespirit

afreespirit Guest

Could it just be high faction taxes there?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I did not know that could happen. [​IMG]
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Sounds like a high priced faction town. Sometimes they're cheaper than the base price, others they're way higher heh. If you want to be sure, a quick check is to recall to the town's bank and check the price of commodity deeds or vendor contracts there. That'll save you walking to the shops to find them too expensive [​IMG]

5. eolsunder1

eolsunder1 Guest

Yep basically some towns can have prices changed by the factions who control the towns.

A faction town in Fel lets the faction leaders change the prices. High prices lets the faction leaders place faction npcs, the higher the prices, the more silver they have to place guards/npcs.

If the prices are low, they have less silver to place, but they have low prices on faction vendors so you can buy ore/wood, etc at good prices.

Simply put, if the prices are high, shop in another city.