1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Price check/info on 0/25 0/400 Strong box plz

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Malimus, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Malimus

Malimus Guest

This is like the gold colored metal box you can turn the other direction to change the label to strong box. Only difference is it only Holds 25 items rather than 125. I have only seen a total of three of these. Although i know at one point you could place a strong box that only had room for 25 items in a house if you were a co-owner and it could not be picked up/moved.

This one i have can be moved/picked up. Was wondering how rare this is and what its worth? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

2. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

IAM STILL IN THE BELIEF opps caps...that the 25 item gold boxes are the olde ''friends of the house'' boxes form way way back...i normally sell them for 500- 1m per if thats any help...trouble is they look exact like the much more common 125 item gold box

3. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Can't you turn it with a house deco tool and get the 0/125?

4. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think if you turn it with the house tool it freezes it in place (well on the ground anyways). I don't think it will give 125 items in any case. The "metal box" from a house fall moving crate will say "strongbox" when turned.

5. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

the 25 items ones are created by a bug. As I recall, those should still be illegal to own unless somethings changed since when you could "create them"

6. Malimus

Malimus Guest

Like 90% of all the metal box's/Stong box's were created with a bug involving house placement and the moving crate and i know this for a fact. They aren't illegal as far as i know because almost everyone has at least one.

The 25 items ones i am not so sure about though. Been playing for a very long time and i never heard anything about them being made with a bug let alone illegal... I could be wrong though. I think that most people that have these are not even really aware because turned the other direction they do turn into a metal box with 0/125 items. Where as the other ones are 0/125 items either way they are turned.

Really interested to hear if anyone knows the exact origin of these and if they are considered a valuable rare(As i think they are) or just junk.

7. No one knows if these are illegal or not like Omnius seems to think they are?

8. Jasonleebeck

Jasonleebeck Guest

I buy and collect these on a regular basis. I pay up to 500k each. currently I have about 30 of them. I use them to put my newbie items on display so people can see them, but can't take them out. I've had newbie items locked down in them for several months and they don't decay. There's a slight trick to getting them to do that, something along the lines of what Sarsmi said, they will freeze when maneuvered in a specific way.

As for their origin, I've been under the impression it was from long ago when co-owners had a box acceptable to them.

9. Yeah, I am wondering if they are illegal. A few people seem to think they came from the same place you suggested.

10. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

They used to be illegal, but I was under the impression that they were no longer illegal.

11. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I remember being able to make them with a bug back during UO:R and several guildies filling whole houses with them because they looked good(and they did look good).