1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Price check on a Dread Mount

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Xalan Dementia, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

im on sonoma, but what seems to be the average price for one of these if someone is actually selling. Im hoping SA brings us a spawn of them so all can have.

2. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have often seen prices around 25 Mill for average DWHs and more for the better if these are traded at all.
    This was mainly on ATL, so it may be the same or different on your shard.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

3. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

15-20 mills for mediocre once and a frigging lot for the good ones.
    Thats how it looks on europa at least.

4. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

thx for info. now to decide if i want to spend that much and end up having SA release a spawn of them hehe. I would think there would be since the vanguard came from the abyss.

5. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I would say overall you made a pretty accurate estimate. :thumbsup:

6. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'd say that unless you were desperate to get one now, it may be worth waiting a bit longer. At least to see if they respawn at the end of this event storyline. I think they will respawn, if only to satisfy the demand. It's a bit like spawning the pure and longmane mares and pure WWs. The only question is when - near future or a few years down the line. Which is obviously the risk you take in waiting.

As long as you appreciate that your 20+mil purchase could turn out to be... well...significantly less valuable, then by all means go for it.

Wenchy

7. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Where are the dread mares from? I didn't play UO during 2008 and I think I missed whatever happened to make them...happen.

8. They were from of the town invasions of Vanguards, who were "scouting" for the future invasion forces. Vanguards rode the Dread War Horse, and could be dismounted, then their mount tamed. Bola sales went through the roof during that month or so.

9. Lord Havok

Lord Havok Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I've got two Dreads and I'm thinking of selling one or both. Whats considered average or good for a dread, and how much should I ask for them?

1st:

Str:545
    Dex:123
    Int:125

67/23/25//60/48

2nd:

Str:501
    Dex:96
    Int:111

69/23/20/51/46

Thanks!

10. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Um...up a few post in the threads will tell you. It still stands as pretty descent information.

11. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Oh how interesting, I assume that was an intended addition, meant as a boon to tamers. Rather a neat idea and a fun way to introduce a new type of pet!

12. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

exactly but they were short lived(as spawn) and getting one meant competing with many others to get one but in a recent fof(I believe it was) it was stated that we had not seen the last of them....

13. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I frequently buy and sell dreads. I also do alot of dread training. I've probably made about 400mill in the dread market. Here is my expert opinion.

Bad dreads: Never pay more than 10. There are idiots who will demand the sky for their bad dread but even trained you'll never make more than another 5mill from hours of mindless training. That said a bad dread fully trained can still sell for 15mill.

Mediocre dreads: 15-20

Good dreads: 20-25

Great dreads(great stats, great resists, fully trained) : potentially 40mill.