1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Prices for consumables

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Sir Kenga, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Arrows, bottles etc.... Well i don't understand pricing system here. Let's say i find somewhere bottles @5gp each. I buy twice 500 bottles, price go up 1gp. Ok, let's say i buy there 2000 bottles, so price now is 7gp. I visit same spot next day, price still 7 gp. I'm pretty sure no one bought there, because i had multiple places checks... So when price will go DOWN???? I wanna buy some bottles arrows etc but it only result in inceasing prices.

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Prices only go down if someone sells 1000 bottles.

3. buy it from ammunition-producers^^

or from glassblowers, normaly players keep their prices stabil.

:)

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yes, that is usually the case. Since I have started carrying arrows & bolts on my vendors my prices have remained the same no matter what the NPC's were selling them for.

Maybe I should start mining sand and making bottles too...

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Prices will go down to default levels when the vendors reset, which typically only happens in towns with certain types of publishes. When Publish 56 goes live, odds are, the prices will go back in towns where events will occur.

Also, Yellow NPCs can be killed by certain event NPCs (like the berserker Daemons and the Ophid Berserkers before them). If you can survive in a town during an event well enough to buy resources, you can lead one over to an overpriced vendor, invis, have it kill the vendor (the replacement will spawn with the default prices), then kill the Berserker.

I did this several times to get cheap leather, while training some of my tailors, during the invasion of Nujelm eearlier this year.

Note that some items have a static "buy-back" cost that is woefully low. This is a result of some people figuring out a way to generate gold through an exploit with the old system (Where the buyback cost was always 1 less than the sell cost). However, that fix royally screwed Nix in Doom (as there were people who would go "sell down" the bandages, arrows & bolts for profit, in the manner that the system was actually intended to work prior to the exploit - that no longer could do so after the change).

6. Riel

Riel Guest

Also cheack for Gypsy camps in Ish they frequently move and prices are reset

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Note that the invasions about to occur will cause this scenario as well, only it will probably be the PLAYERS killing the NPCs who have been mind-controlled. So, the best places to buy will be the towns that have been invaded, sick as that might sound....

8. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Sound weird =) but np i'm ready to kill some npc to get items i need :p