1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Prime Example of Faction Arties.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by N49ATV, Feb 24, 2009.

1. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Well there is mixed comments on this forum regularly about faction artifacts. Most non faction say the have to go, and have no place here. Most faction say they should stay (though there are those who speak against them).

Now there was an interesting thread posted earlier which has prime examples as to the abuse, and unbalance these items bring into play.

Now I cant quote since the thread is now locked, but im sure you can find it to double check the quotes for yourself if you think they are doctored.

Sunchicken:

I consistantly go out with a suit solo or group thats
    50+ dci
    40 lmc
    10 mr
    60+
    With the faction items its not hard for me to get nice suits and i have about 1.5 mill. Soul has multiple mills so i would think that anytime he went out his suit would be about the best suit that perticular template needs.

Pwnography (from 2 seperate posts)

Storm Grips 10 HCI 25 DI
    Talisman 10 HCI 20 DI
    Spirit of the totem 15 HCI

35 HCI 45 DI....

Ring: 10 HCI, LMC, 15-20 DI
    Bracelet: 10-15 DCI, LMC, 15-20 DI

So now thats 45 HCI, say 80 Dmg Increase...

Fey Legs, Quiver, Bracelet: 40-45 DCI

RBC 15 LMC ring and Brace say 20-25 LMC....
    Gorget: Mr2, LMC 5-8
    Sleeves: Mr2 LMC 5-8

So that puts you at 35+ Lmc and 7 Mana Regen...............

Pretty simple right......... orrr u can run the 4/6 Chiv template which i have you have anatomy/tactics as well with that u dont need much dmg to cap ur AI at 35........ so your moving shot doesnt do as much but who cares u dont need it to ur just running htem down while they cant heal much.....

So you use RBC, Orny, Inquis, and Fc1 HCI ring....... 32 LMC right their.... 4/6 chiv...

You get my point... its not hard to make the suit..

I do run that suit acutally.... i have been since i ran the character lol, I ran that suit when i was fighting tek outside of yew and he called 4 low in one was you.... and you looted that suit do you not recall LoL... Yes i'll still run it if no one buys the bow... I am just training my archers other melee skills and magery skills... So its not use currently...

Now how does one not in factions compete with mods like these? Not very easily thats for sure. Also there are some in factions who cant build these suits, or not that close to the max mods like above. So really its quiet a stacked advantage to Factioners.

Now albeit there is the risk of being orange everywhere to certain players. And the effects of 20 mins of stat/skill loss. Aside from stats, it would be harder to be a red, then a faction. hence why I guess so many reds just go faction.

2. archite666

archite666 Guest

Compete?

Sir I think your missing the point, from devs point of view, if you wish to pvp then you will join factions.

I dont think the devs consider people outside of factions as pvpers, thats the way it seems to me anyway.

These faction items, especially on prodo, basicly give the pvpers a quick and easy way to get the arties they need to pvp, and the pvmers can still farm to get the stuff they need for pvm.

I think thats the devs way of seperating the two.

3. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

my suit is mainly all faction items..... the rest of its bronze or horned kit made.... besides the jewels that i either bought or got off of mels...

So people can get this suit its a matter of farming the silver mainly...

saving a mill buying bronze hammers and farming or buying the jewels..

4. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

To be honest i think they should A. Lower The Prices On Items Silver Wise or B. Get rid of the crap.

I only like A. Because people can run differnt types of templates and have more of a choice of what they want to be.

I Choose B. Cause i am sick of the cry fest of losing the items, getting the items, fighting against the items etc..

5. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This thief does not suffer from faction arties. He has even stolen items from faction persons. Arguably, stealing is form of pvp in some opinions, but still with a thiefs' natural skill and cunning they do not seem to pose extra risk taking.
    If this one DID pvp fight, then he might join factions for items. At least, the items would be guaranteed to be obtained, and not farming forever for small chance of getting something swell.
    He may join factions anyway, just for something to steal when no one is found.
    The new arties haven't changed his playing at all, except having extra work reading around the many post about, well, the faction arties.

6. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

I LIKE YOU!

7. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Personally i couldnt care less if the arties stay or go, i ping too high to PvP on siege...BUT, i do think it would solve a hell of alot of problems if the "owned by" tag was removed.

After all you can still hero/evil dye them. This would stop the whining and holding individuals to ransom, would gives the thieves a more open market for stolen arties and may actually stop people from silver farming all the time. If they are able to buy anyones arty then they can gather gold instead.

It also seems to me that an element of risk has been removed with that tag, whereas before if you rolled with arties and you died, in essence it was down to the gods as to whether you were informed they were being sold back or whether they were just being sold. As it is at the moment people are expecting there suits to be returned as no-one else can use them.

In closing - Remove "owned by" solve a hell of alot of problems and add more danger!!!

8. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Why is there a NEED for these items to PvP. That right there says they should be removed. Now, with the extra risk of being in factions must bring some form of reward, id like to see maybe faction gear being of the higher runics or something along those lines. Although Ill be going factions once I can get a few more SS (pretty damn poor). And when I can get some Mage PvP training :p

9. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

i think when cash said Need... he means it allows them to use the differnt templates that they can play. So in fact they Need the item to run their template.....

Not saying they cant just pick a differnt template... but the items are allowing differnt play style and choices out their... exspecially here.

10. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I must admit I am a bit lost, when I was ready to PVP on Siege, about 6 moths ago and right before the faction arties hit, I was surprised at the gear I saw on some people.

Well over 1/2 of the people I saw actually Pvping all had on Totem, Cinture, BOH, Sammy Helm, Totem Void, SOM, HOM and just about any other usful Arty you can think of...

So why all the fuss, the only difference I see is that now instead of 1/2 of people wearing uber suits it's now closer to 90%.

I still know that many people have dozens of cursed Arties so the only thing that will happen if they are removed is the number of uber suits will go back to 1/2.

I would ask PWN, Kage, Righty, Mono, Hef, Loki and any other pvper to list the typical suit they wore before the faction items hit, I am sure you will see no large difference.

The main change is not the gear, it's that fact the you cannot wear the items, hence the mad scramble to sell/get your items back.

I have aquired enough wealth to run my suit with or without faction items so i'm ok either way!

have a nice day!!!

11. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Well said, but my issue with the arties is the use of them by pvp'ers against pvm'ers (raids, etc.)

12. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Do I use em... yes
    Do I need them.... NO

I was running some sick suits before these artifacts, suits most people cant afford or would be willing to risk. I am still on my first suit since factions came out. I dare anyone to produce a single piece of armor that says Coyote Jack on it.

13. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Exactly.

If I´m out hunting and a faction guy attacks me I have two options. Run or die. There´s just no point in fighting back.

Before they were introduced I enjoyed PKs finding me cuz it was exciting and that´s the reason I came to Siege. At least then I usually fought back cuz I felt there was a chance of me defeating him...

On Europa I don´t care if a factioner finds my PvMer in Fel cuz the odds are more even.

But I don´t think these arties should be here on Siege...

14. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

I agree with mook i started here about 3 months before the faction items. I had enough gold to produce average suits that i could pvp in. Since the artys are on this shard i decided to join factions A) because i enjoy pvp and B) because i had an oprotunity to advance myself by having the items the people who have been on this shard long enough to aquire mass stockpiles of cursed artifacts,quivers,and totem of the voids. thus closing the gap between me and them.
    Now that i am more established i wouldnt mind seeing the faction items removed because it would cut back on my oppositions suits allowing me with my better than average suits to fight. Giving me the advantage...

15. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

A good example is the suit i was making for the fight night tomorrow night.

5 MR
    40 LMC
    15 Dci
    70+
    70+
    And i still have a ring slot open and a gm scribe craftable book slot. All armour was made with spined kits and bronze hammers.
    Now that i can afford i will be upgrading to barbed and horned kits just havent seen any for sale.
    Keep in mind this is all non artifacts and gm made armour.

16. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

Before Faction items i ran basically same stuff....

Spirit of the Totem
    RBC
    Fey Leggings
    Totem of The Void
    Quiver
    Mana Regen Lmc Gloves, Sleeves, Gorget.
    Ecrus with HCI or EP jewels with hci......

17. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Id be all for going back to risking standard arties. Though that does give an advantage to the rich, such as pwn. It would balance the raiders and close the gap between faction and non-faction or PvMers. To atleast make it so someone with a decent wep, or blessed spellbook, and Runic gear or he odd arty could stand a chance. Pretty tough to compete when your fighting someone who is 15% SDI (pvp cap), 40% LMC, high DCI, or High HCI, coupled with HLD, or HLA. As its just gonna make it impossible to hit them, or that they can never miss you. Or if they are using almost half the mana you are on average (well obvously 40%). Though I will be going factions once I get a couple SS, and after I burn about 20-30K regs on mage training, it would be very nice to see owned by removed, or perhaps some form of turn in/exchage program. Perhaps getting credit for 1/2 the silver value of an item for turning them in to your faction. Or even maybe paying a nominal fee to change the Owned by to your name (provided you have the rank to wear it).

18. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

19. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

The difference with the new arties and the ones worn before is that there´s an endless supply of the new ones.

Before, if you lost your suit there was a chance that you couldn´t replace it with an identical one. Didn´t matter how much gold one had, if there wasn´t a seller you couldn´t buy the items.

So in the end even the rich guys could be forced to wear mediocre equipment...

20. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I had some of Coyote's thanks to the reflect armor bulls**t

Muhahahaahahah

21. Lych

Lych Guest

I fixed it for ya. :)

22. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

23. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

Not really everyone had cursed arties to sell i never had a problem getting my hands on them and i stocked up with 10-30 of each arty i needed... plus people were willing to trade hero items for evil dyed ones etc.. it was the same thing

24. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Maybe you should actually step into the field more then once every 3 months :scholar:

25. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

He's been on almost every day for the past month... shut your trolling up would yeah... shall we get this thread locked and renamed as well?

26. Turtle

Turtle Guest

LOL ya he plays Patty everyday but he certainly hasn't been on CJ everyday and if he has he certainly hasn't ever showed...stealth 4tw

27. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This...

28. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Spoken by one who knows. It's the only thing that's made you a winner D

Bottoms up!:beer:

29. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I have seen jack out numerous times, and Im not on the PvP scene. Hell there was a good week straight where he was rolling through GIL town claiming to be King, PKing all that didnt bow to his feet (good roleplay IMO, was fun). And I have been raided at several spawns by him, and a crew. So ya, its not like his hiding. Im sure id see him more if I rolled around luna for fights, or went to bases.

30. Jaimes

Jaimes Guest

Pretty low-class post there Pwnography, don'tcha think?

31. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Agreed

32. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

exactly...killing blues who cant defend themselves. He hasnt been on the pvp scene for a while now...as a matter of fact thats all of KOC. :sad4:

33. Turtle

Turtle Guest

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

34. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Correct!!!
    *stares*
    Yahaxithonix

35. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The Faction artifacts are here to stay folks! Live with it.

However, I think the buying back should change to:
    Redeem the items by paying in Silver.
    This forces players to meet to do the exchange.
    If you think this can not be done, you are not trying very hard.
    Swap meets are possible! You may have to use third parties to
    do enable this!

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

36. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Or better yet, just make the items vaporize on death and the owner gets silver credit to buy new ones, at some rate? (50%) of the purchase price.

This way everyone wins: You'll have to farm silver, and you can buy your gear back.

Edit: or even better, just make them blessed and pull silver from back on death at 50% or some other number. If you don't have enough in bank Items go 'poof' starting with most expensive, down until you can afford it. They might as well be blessed as you can just go buy another set anyways.