1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Problem loading Stratics ...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Queen Mum, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Queen Mum

Queen Mum Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

When loading Stratics on my desktop that runs with google chrome browser I get a message saying ... An upgrade is pending. The forum is only accessible in debug mode. Then there is a statement that is click-able saying Complete Upgrade BUT You must be logged-in to do that. when I try to log in it says the user can not be found.

On desk top I use Firefox and it loads just fine. Other machine uses IE and it also loads fine. Any ideas on what is happening?

TY & *cookie hug*

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Please completely flush your cache and cookies in Chrome and try again. Report back if you continue to have issues.

Queen Mum likes this.
  3. Queen Mum

Queen Mum Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Flush COOKIES????????????? nevah!!!!!!!!!!!!

*winks* thank you that worked :)

*cookie hug*

Sevin0oo0 and AirmidCecht like this.
  4. Taylor

Queen Mum likes this.
  5. Borric

Borric Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

:)

6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I get that too, very intermittent.
    also at times, page formatting is off, all stretched out, top to bottom, but style color is still correct
    and warning: Load jQuerry First

I Flush a lot, just forget to put the seat back up

7. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I can't post in IE, I don't get the box to write the message in. I tryed on 3 different computers. In Firefox I have no problems at home but at work, firefox is not allowed :(

8. Taylor

Do you have the most up-to-date version of IE?

9. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've been forwarding every PM we get. It is starting to sound like an IE only issue?

10. Taylor

This thread's a little confusing, because Queen Mum and Sevin are talking about a different issue than Freja. Freja's issue is more related to this: [BUG] - Reports of Posting Issues on Stratics Forums | Stratics Forums.

Queen Mum was able to fix her issue by clearing the cache and flushing those nomy cookies. Freja...we haven't quite tracked down your issue, yet. If you look at the thread I linked to, you'll see some were able to fix it by switching themes and others by fully updating their browsers. You're not the only one--there are about a half dozen so far. We're trying to figure out what the heck happened between Monday and today. Sorry for the trouble.

11. Driven Insane

Same here, also IE.

The only way I've been able to post anything in the last 3 days is to hit Reply, post a blank post and then come back and edit it. :arr:

12. Feline

Feline Guest

This may not fix anyone's problem, but it did fix mine and I had the same exact issues as Freja and Driven.

At the top right in IE I clicked tools, and then internet options (all the way at bottom of list). On the next menu box towards the middle I clicked delete. This brought up yet another menu box. On this box I left everything checked BUT the top one (Preserve favorite website data). This one I UNchecked. I clicked delete at the bottom, let it run, rebooted my comp, opened IE, came back to uhall and hit refresh page and mine has worked ever since.

13. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

EDIT: I just updated my browser last nite from Seamonkey 2.09-2.10 for multiple CSS issues, ECMAScript 6 and some other stuff.
    guessing a special debugging (admin only?) login page is being launched - i thought tweaking was going on behind the scenes was causing that?

Current Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:13.0) Gecko/20120615 Firefox/13.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.10.1
    Since i've changed on my end, I have to withdraw my issue until it recurs (I'll get screen grabs next time).

14. Taylor

Thank you very much for this.

This sounds like what Queen Mum was experiencing. Can you confirm that you're going to Stratics Forums and not Stratics Forums We just fixed the latter address yesterday and it'll take some time for the DNS to update. If you're going to the former and seeing a weird page, try the complete cache/cookie clear.

15. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

bookmarked as "UHall" on a hotlink bar under my Reload button...
    Code:
     http://community.stratics.com/index.php?forums/uhall.35/ 

16. Driven Insane

Tried that 2 days ago when this problem first appeared (actually do that about once a week anyways).

But still no luck.

17. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Changes to one of the Flexile Dark themes and it will work

18. Driven Insane

Yeah that fixes it for me as well. But man is it ugly and now the page no longer fits my 22' screen (There's a left/right scroll bar at the bottom that I didn't have before)

19. FrejaSP

Yes it's ugly, but I think I can live with the green one until they fix it :)

20. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I use the animate theme. Nice black on grey, easy on the eyes.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  21. Driven Insane

Rub it in will ya!!!

Yeah that was the theme I used as well.