1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Problem running Uo2d on laptop with vista

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Wardude, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Wardude

Wardude Guest

I get the message : your client might not be the most recent version blah blah, click ok to play or abort...that after downloading the 2d client from the official website. anyone else had or have this problem? any tips?

thx in advance!

2. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Either your firewall is blocking the program or you need to run the thing in administrator mode (don't ask me how.. just repeating what I keep hearing since I refuse to ever use that carp).

3. God_Majere

God_Majere Guest

in vista you may need to set the uo.exe to "run as admisitrator"

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Right click on your client.exe (or uoassist.exe, if you use it) and select "run as administrator."

5. Wardude

Wardude Guest

thx a bunch guys that fixed it :) now if i can only figure out how to set it so its full screen...lol

6. maremmano

maremmano Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

i have different kind of problem

i had to reinstall UO and after that i am not able to connect to servers
    it says everytime " u cannot connect to servers.."
    strange this it happens only in one of mine pcs...

vista

7. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Alt Enter gets you into full screen mode. Alt tab will minimize it and stick it in your work tray at the bottom of your screen.

I play in 600x800 though. I used to play fullscreen but am now accustomed to the smaller window.

8. Got a screenshot of the actual error message...or at least tell us the real error message...(I doubt you're getting "...u cannot..." as an error...)
    Also...at what point are you getting this error?