1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem With Fatal Error In Game..Anyone Else Have This..?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vampyre Kitty, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Vampyre Kitty

Vampyre Kitty Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 22, 2008
    Has anyone had this issue before.. getting a fatal error whenever I try to log in and my macros are wiped... when I log out
    a window pops up and says

Could not open file for writing: C:\Program Files(x86)\EA Games\Ultima Online Eighth Age\myaccountname\myserver\mycharactersnamehere\desktop.uos

Only way this fixed for me last time was to reinstall the freaking game and I reallllly dont want to have to do this with all the patching that takes place..I know I read somewhere that its the char mul file that gets corrupted... I tried to copy a backup that i had of it on my computer but its still giving me the error.. any way to fix this without having to reinstall the game? Any info is appreciated =)